Replay Not Awarding Extra Ball

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
In real life this would not be an issue but TPA traditionally awards an extra ball on receiving a replay. I have received about a half dozen or so replays on Whirlwind and no extra ball given.

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
I'm with mr Strong on this.

I like the tables to be as close to irl as possible (no matter if I played them irl or not, for me it's a "philosophical" thing).

Any extra ball obviously gives you the chance to rack up a higher score than irl.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm don't have a preference either way (although I do like to be rewarded in some way), but I would have liked some explanation because of the expectation that it would give an extra ball. Is it in the rules (have read half of them)?
Slam23

Eegah

May 12, 2013
The instructions state that specials are 100k, but you get an EB at I think 4.6M. I'm pretty sure that EB isn't happening though -- that might be a bug either in the instruction sheet or the game.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Okay pretty sure it's a bug now. I hit 4.6 on Ball 1, game went nuts with the replay fanfare and I drained shortly after. No extra ball light, next ball was Ball 2.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I always thought it was weird myself. Obviously the high-scores on many tables are not achievable in real life tables but that extra ball you typically get at replay definitely helps out in getting scores that would not be otherwise reachable. I would be fine with them turning it off but I can understand that they have tried to make many tables easier for achieving higher scores and wizard goals so maybe that is part of the reason? Plus a real replay has no value on a free table.

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
Seriously, if all tables awarded decent points for Specials and Replays we'd be much better off.

Does anyone seriously enjoy playing 2 hour games of pinball? Maybe if we could quick save, but I don't like relying on the iOS native multitasking for "pausing". TPA has a bad habit of crashing if you put it to sleep while it's multitasked.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
There's your reason right there.
Along the same lines of thought, I wish there was a way to globally toggle the end-of-game match sequence. It's great and all that the TPA tables show the animation as in RL, but honestly, with Free Play enabled, there isn't much point to the Match sequence.

So give us an option to disable the Match sequence. The default behavior would be the current behavior.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
At least the table seems harder now. Definitely faster and the ramp shot as well as 3 way combo don't seem as easy to hit

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Seriously, if all tables awarded decent points for Specials and Replays we'd be much better off.

Does anyone seriously enjoy playing 2 hour games of pinball? Maybe if we could quick save, but I don't like relying on the iOS native multitasking for "pausing". TPA has a bad habit of crashing if you put it to sleep while it's multitasked.

Eh, maybe for DMDs where ball savers are common but I get screwed over on ball 2 or 3 on these tables that I'd find it a bit grating to not have another shot.

Plus giving say 100k points for reaching 1.4M just means the score scale doesn't have 1.4-1.5M scores -- there's no extra accomplishment in that 100k because that part of the score range just doesn't exist.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Special isn't the score award, it's the award that lights on most tables awarding either a replay, extra ball or score amound depending on the operator settings. :) I think an extra ball for the special is fair on some tables where it's hard to reach. On RBION it might be a little too forgiving.

Members online

Members online