Whirlwind Fan

Russell Bergman

Feb 29, 2012
I hope on an upcoming update in the near future on Android and beyond, a Whirlwind "Fan" animation in one of the corners of the screen will be implemented, like they did in the Williams Collection. FarSight animated the monkey in Central Park......which is cool, and they should do the same for Whirlwind, and perhaps animating the Gunther the Gopher animation in the upcoming Gottlieb Tee'd Off. Just a thought.....

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I saw the video on youtube the other night, then loaded Pinball Arcade and what a surpized to find the new table update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb-HoYSb9FY

Someone needs to jerry rig a dollar store hand held fan to their iphone.
Like this?
00-995-115-02.jpg

I downloaded the latest table pack on my Ouya last night. Definitely needs a fan mounted behind the TV set. The ceiling fan in my living room helps but really doesn't do the game justice. ;)

On a more serious note, as the OP suggested, a fan animation in the upper right corner (like the bell-ringing monkey in Central Park) would be cool.

Last edited:

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I've played a few of them IRL and it's been from barely noticeable to somewhat noticeable, but never blasting in my experiences.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
question to those who have played this table IRL, how strong is the fan?
Just played the table last week at the local amusement park. It doesn't blow that hard (feels like a traditional fan), but it's very noticeable on a hot muggy day.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks for the replies. I guess I was hoping for "so windy you need ski goggles". :)

That's only on the modded one going around pinball expos. The one with the electric leaf blower. Scares the hell outta me everytime I start multiball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.