controller / keyboard / etc Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Do any of you guys have a blue tooth controller, keyboard etc that you could test something for me?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I have a rudimentary key mapping in place that 'should' work for anything.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Well let me know, I am going to wrap it up by tomorrow and I can provide a beta.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I forgot that my phone needs to be rooted which it's not...sorry!

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
I would have thought people would jump at the chance to test this out. Or they probably have real lives where I do not...

Anyway, I have a Wiimote that I use with my rooted Nexus 7 to play various games. I'm willing to test whatever needs testing.

Ironically, real life is calling, and I have to be somewhere in an hour. I wasn't sure WHEN you wanted said thing tested, so thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:
N

netizen

i dug out a wii mote - my nexus 10 isn't rooted tho :(

Finally used this as an excuse to get around to ordering an OTG cable and sixaxis controller tho, so if/when native controller support gets installed as well ...

Last edited:

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
I wonder how you would nudge on a wiimote, nunchuck?
Ideally, it would work like the Wii version of PHOF, but I don't think there are any programs that can pair the Wiimote to an Android that can detect when you shake them. I've looked. I currently use USB/BT Joycenter to play Pinball Arcade. I use the C on the nunchuck to nudge left, and I use the + and - on the Wiimote to nudge right.
If you mean to nudge more than left and right, and you are implimenting the other directions as well, I'll have to see. LOL
BTW, I also have the classic controller that I can plug into the Wiimote. It has two joysticks that can manage the additional directions.

Last edited:

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Howdy Ryan, Sir

I now have in my possession a new Moga Pro remote. I have a store 1/2 block away from me and the clerk said if I use the B mode on the remote, I could use it with any app that has controller support.

If the remote is correct, I am here to help. You know that I really want controller support for TPA Android. It's charging now and will install app from Google Play. Should be ready by morning.

Thanks for doing this Ryan. I really, really appreciate it.

my tablet is not rooted

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I've got a rooted N7 I pair a sixaxis PS3 controller to via BT.
I can test anything you want done.

Last edited:

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
My Nexus 7 isn't rooted, but I have a PS3 controller and a otg cable I could do a test if you want.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Well according to videos on YouTube, my phone needs to be rooted to pair the PS3 controller with it.

OTG cables will work for non rooted android devices, the downside is you have to be teathered so the whole blue tooth thing is out of the question because it won't run wirelessly that way. I play MAME on mine and can also map buttons.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I have a Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard that I've currently been using with USB/BT Joystick Center for playing on.

It does a fine job, except for the analog plunging of course. I either need to use the screen for that, or map a slider button to the arrow keys that lets me slowly draw back the plunger and release it when the plunger gets to the right part on the plunge gauge.

I will be very keen to experiment with the build.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Do any of you guys have a blue tooth controller, keyboard etc that you could test something for me?

Disclaimer: If you are running JB 4.2 x you may be out of luck with controller support.

Gingerbread devices will probably work much better with this solution.

Here's my experience to date, both personal and what I've read on Android Blogs:

Keyboards and mice will work well (they are paired devices)

Wii Mote will not because it is a pairless device, and the Broadcomm bluetooth stack in Android 4.2.x seems to require paired devices to work correctly.

Those controller systems with their own bluetooth drivers such as Sixaxis and the retail controllers such as Moga and iCade may have better support.

USB OTG (on the go) kits for your device will allow you to plug in a wired controller.

There are also USB controller adapter kits for the Wii Classic Controller (the dual-stick analog pad) for the Wii.

The key is that if you are not having much luck getting one controller type to work, test another. If the other one doesn't work, it may be a quirk in the TPA controller mapping. Otherwise it may just be crappy BT support on your version of Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts