Should FarSight reset the leaderboards?

Should FarSight reset the scoreboards?

• Yes reset all the scoreboards now - one time only

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Reset the scoreboards annually.

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Leave the scoreboards alone.

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Only reset once all hacks removed, remove obvious hacked scores now.

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
Eventhough I'm in the top 100 with a legit score in one of the tables, I vote for a reset. I don't want them to reset it while known leaderboard bugs are still known though.

It may also breath some new life into things. I know I would play more if the leaderboards were reset :) Maybe couple it with a new tournament ?

Crusty Booger

Apr 13, 2013
Is there a way to just get rid of the hacks? Many of us have many hours invested across the tables and I'd hate to see that investment just wiped away.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I would like separation from (mobile) scores since those are the HACKED scores. I dont think I want to play BOP for 8 hours again or MM for 4 hours again.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Wow didn't know about this but I only play on the PS3. This is a touchy subject. There are many that don't frequent the boards here so they don't know about it. So if scores are reset there will be chaos and complaints. Zen has that stance. They will not reset leader-boards even though there are table exploits and glitches that garner high scores.

Even though I'm in the top 100 with a legit score in one of the tables, I vote for a reset. I don't want them to reset it while known leaderboard bugs are still known though.

It may also breath some new life into things. I know I would play more if the leaderboards were reset :) Maybe couple it with a new tournament ?

I too am in the top 100 on several tables and I frequently question how some of those mobile players get those scores. A simple separation of console and mobile leader-boards would be preferable. I don't mind a reset.

N

netizen

With the changes in physics and scoring exploit bugs that have been removed the leader boards should be reset at least once a year to reflect the current physics engine.

Some of the scores that were achieved might not be able to be achieved as easily anymore and that could be inspiring or egging people on to find exploits/hacks for their scores. Human behaviour is weird like that.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I agree Netizen, initially i voted with option 4. But now I can't help but think option 2 is the way to go. Physics changes and bug fixes can make a difference, besides if your good enough then you should be able to get close or beat your old score anyway.

that said, I also agree with above in that it could upset a lot of people. Certainly a sensitive and difficult topic.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Remember the Monster Bash bug that allowed unlimited jackpots or something? It's not technically a hack but it is an exploitive way to earn points and rack up scores that are unrealistic. I would say resetting everything to start from scratch is good once they have the major hack exploits eliminated. Annual resets would be great with year end prizes and it would allow the ability for scores to better reflect the changes in physics and layout. The prizes would hopefully endear the users to it rather than upset them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Reset them annually. You wanna be top dog? Earn it again. If you're not hungry for it, you don't deserve to keep it! Plus, it's a little daunting to play a table and see you are in 5000th place. Thin the herd yearly and I think there'll be more enjoyment for all.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Reset them annually. You wanna be top dog? Earn it again. If you're not hungry for it, you don't deserve to keep it! Plus, it's a little daunting to play a table and see you are in 5000th place. Thin the herd yearly and I think there'll be more enjoyment for all.

Just like baseball or other professional sports...you have a regular season, the playoffs and a champion is crowned. The next season everyone starts with a clean slate and an equal opportunity to make the playoffs.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012

+1 well put Sir.

Shame I can't change my vote now. Be good to get Farsights take on this. Maybe we can pose this question to Bobby in next round of questions.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Just like baseball or other professional sports...you have a regular season, the playoffs and a champion is crowned. The next season everyone starts with a clean slate and an equal opportunity to make the playoffs.

Bowflex, your quote is perfect. They could store the old leaderboards for the previous year somewhere and then those who had high scores for the year and those who won the play-offs could go back whenever they want to relive their past glory.

Thanks for helping me decide how to vote.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Bowflex, your quote is perfect. They could store the old leaderboards for the previous year somewhere and then those who had high scores for the year and those who won the play-offs could go back whenever they want to relive their past glory.

Thanks for helping me decide how to vote.

My pleasure! Hey, we need to get baseball cards for us with our stats on the back! how cool would that be!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts