PS3 - Bug Multiballs in a knot, hot attendant refuses to help !!!

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
BALLS IN A KNOT! Here is the situation where I got my balls caught in a knot ... and I have repeated it three times. It only happens when you have activated mulitball .... as you go down into the black hole, multiball is activated, but you lose a ball without opening the gate and it drains out, and then pop a ball into the ball catcher. Now I thought to myself, great! Finally an opportunity to call over that curvaceous and tantalizing attendant and I said "hey there sweetie, my balls are caught in a knot" and she said "Sounds like a personal problem" and I said "really, they're caught, can't you see that?" The manager came and said "Your balls are not stuck, the attendant can't help you" I said "Do want to see how fast I can get my balls stuck in your ..." I not only lost a game with two balls left and score of over 900,000! I was immediately removed from the arcade! My balls will forever be dangling in the black hole, never to realize their true potential! By the way, what is the attendant like in your arcade?

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hahaha.....Tangled up in Black!

Bummer about the score getting cut short though......oh, what might've been!

My attendent doesn't put up with any flak either. Like Mr. T, she ain't got no time for the jibber jabba.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I'm getting up the nerve to go see that attendant again, the manager should be gone by now ... lets see if I can muster up some BLACK MAGIC!

Oh yeah, I aint gonna jibber but I may Jab Her!

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, this happens a lot on this table, and I feel somewhat to blame for it. When the table was released on the iPad I pointed out on the Facebook page that the attendant would come even when balls weren't really stuck - you could just trap one on a flipper and they'd come over and put it in the plunger lane for you. Now, of course, it's harder to cheat, but much more likely the game will be ruined due to a glitch. Glitches like this certainly don't happen every game, but the chances of a game-ending glitch increase with game length, so many of my best efforts are wasted. I hate having millions of points early on in the game and worrying about whether I'll actually get to record the score. And of course there are plenty of other problems - like being able to flip the ball when it's in below the lower table's left flipper, the roll under at the top of the table, etc., etc., etc. I've bought this table seven times now, and I think the PSP one was probably the least glitchy, but all have had pretty annoying problems. Farsight - if your playtesters aren't finding stuff like this, get more of them (where do I sign up?) or give them more time - if they're finding this stuff but you're deciding it's not worth the trouble to fix, please consider that many of the reviews that people will be reading about this game are going to be based on the early versions, and it's really a shame that a system with such great potential is tarnished by problems that seem like they should be pretty easy to fix (even if some might be tough, many clearly are not), so maybe take a little more time to get them right. In any case, we love you and we're here for you, but please, get some help.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I'm with you on that FurVid, when it happened once, I wasn't sure of the series of events that caused it, but the second and third time, I realized it has only happened to me during mulitball with the series of events I mentioned. And that makes multiball even more of a panic, making sure you open the gate and not getting a ball locked in in the catcher. I hope Farsight is being informed of the bugs we are posting here.

Last edited:

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Sore point with me, since first buying the Gottlieb PHOF title. This table made the "Gottlieb Challenge" impossible, since whenever I got to this table and started multiball I'd get a game-ending glitch, and that required ending not just the game but the whole multi-table challenge. Since then I've bought the table 6 more times, and at least some of those times expected that I'd be getting a version in which multiball glitches had been fixed. To have this happen almost immediately on iPad, 360, PS3 eight years later is pretty frustrating.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Somebody get a hold of farsight and let them know about these glitches we are pointing out! I went to their website and could not find a way to send them an email.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Somebody get a hold of farsight and let them know about these glitches we are pointing out! I went to their website and could not find a way to send them an email.

A few of Farsight's developers are members here, so hopefully they will read this thread, if they haven't yet.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Thanks Mike Reitmeyer ... its great to know you are here ..... and may I point out, you are doing an excellent job! I love the game!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I try to read over posts every day. I don't always have time to respond.

Also, feel free to email any bugs or issues to support@pinballarcade.com

So I've experienced this game ending bug about 5 times now. In fact all the bugs in this thread I've been able to replicate.

Is this issue going to be fixed in the July updates? I know the dev teams are really busy, but this makes this game unplayable unless you purposefully *do not* lock a ball in the lock saucer during multiball.

And I'm really enjoying Black Hole, which is why this rather critical gameplay error is really a PITA.

Although I can live quite happily with the "flip below the left flipper" bug - saved my fur plenty of times. That type of error is "one you wouldn't tell the arcade owner about". Just like inserting $1 and getting 5 credits instead of 1 credit ;)

I'll send a report to support@ just to add weight to the issue if necessary. That is unless anyone else has already done so.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.