Beta 15c

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
That's awesome thanks. Looks like the nudge invert is broken though. It's defaulted to the old inverted nudge and the setting for invert on and off has no effect.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Weird graphical bug on my N7. Launch the game, click on Options, Controls. You get the page that describes how the controls work.

If you rotate your device to landscape mode, then you get this overlay oover the page. It's the title of the last table you've played. Portrait mode, it's fine.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Been wishing for this to be added for so long - Thanks Ryan, really pleased for this!

Tested on an N7 and an SGS4.

Invert Nudge not working confirmed.

Arrow buttons within options, will only repeat once sound has finished playing making it feel laggy in the menu.

'Show touchscreen' - the area definining graphic on an ios device is translucent grey with black solid border. The Android one is Solid white with solid black border.
Is it possible to make it the translucent graphic the same as ios as this is visible but more subtle?

Ios=
denuje7a.jpg

Android =
2a7ymyra.jpg

Also can we request further schemes at all?

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
bah how did that get broken. Ok, let me fix the invert functionality. Yeah the arrow thing has been there for a while, I think there are plans to revamp how our lists work. I'll look into the translucent graphics too. As far as requesting I think we are set for now but feel free to suggest any, when we have time we can always try throwing them in.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Also the nudge setting for shake or touchscreen is still not saved. always defaults to touchscreen.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
For Sixaxis users mapping touch controls...

Scheme suggestion

y2y7u9y3.jpg

This would have flippers L/R at bottom.
A large circular nudge area the upper half split into 5 (left, upleft, up, upright, right), the lower half of the circle wouldn't have any active function but shouldn't impede the flipper areas.

This would allow left ps3 controller stick to be mapped for nudging.

Don't know if circular areas would be possible?

Edit - after a bit of thought, the nudge area would be better as a rainbow shape. The inactive core would give a bit of dead zone for the joystick, to enable a direction to be picked before screen detection.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah right now the circle thing wouldn't work unfortunately, great idea though

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Wheres the option to show the areas?

NM found it, menus on 800px screens are terrible to navigate, stuff overlaps.

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
A question before trying this out...is there a way I can copy all my tables to a temp location, install this beta, then move them back?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I know Carl =( I hate the code for our gui lists, its horrible. Can you provide a screen shot? I am hoping that someone can take a stab at improving it, the scrolling feature is horrendous as well.

Wheres the option to show the areas?

NM found it, menus on 800px screens are terrible to navigate, stuff overlaps.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah when I scroll it changes the options, that's the main problem really, the silver arrows do nothing as well. I couldn't see the "show touchscreen regions" option because I hadn't realised I wasn't scrolled right to the bottom :/

Screenshot_2013-07-11-21-47-04.png

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
How is the Google play implementation going? Facebook integration doesn't work at all on my phone now... just shows me and no friends scores.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah they had me upgrade to the newest FB sdk that completely broke that part. Google game services is on the back burner while I implement new tournament features and prepare for the new tables.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok i figured out what the invert issue was. Aside from that are you guys finding the new option useful? (aside from the god awful ui to get there)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Aside from that are you guys finding the new option useful? (aside from the god awful ui to get there)

Yes - I've been after nudge up since launch, it's an essential part of Pinball for me, and the adaptable touch zones just make it so much easier to touch nudge. Might not bother using a controller as much now.

The translucent 'Show touch zones' would be a big improvement if possible though.

Thanks again Ryan.

K

Korven

Noticed something odd on Firepower, pressing or holding the right flipper causes the f-i-r-e rollover lights to strobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.