Zaccaria Pinball - Soccer Kings (1982) Bugs & Feedback

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
There's a weird bug in Soccer Kings with the plunger. If you pull all the way back, and if you tap on the screen with another finger before releasing the plunger, the ball will shoot up into the playfield and the camera will pull back only to reveal the very front of the table. You'll hear a perpetual ball rolling sound, but you won't be able to see anything, and the ball will never drain. During this time, you're also unable to use the flippers. If you press on the settings button, you're able to restart the table. The camera view doesn't seem to affect anything here.

I haven't tested this bug very thoroughly. On most other tables, the ball just shoots onto the table at full force and everything is fine. But for some reason, it seems to work differently on Soccer Kings.

I'm using the latest version of iOS with an iPhone 5, in case that matters.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I can reproduce the plunger bug. The ball drops to the floor it seems.

Even the attendant can't find it. (That's very realistic, IMO. :D )

night

May 18, 2012
I have some issues with the upper playfield.

1. The word 'Attack Zone' is unreadable/dark/blurry
2. I have a very hard time telling there is any transparent plastic material on the upper playfield. It looks like the ball is floating!
I think the plastic texturing could use more reflection or white/haziness.
3. White goal-line is missing!
4. Blue texturing is missing.

soccerkings.jpg

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Blue goal-flipper on the upper playfield should be made red for better visibility. (like on the photograph)

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
I have no feedback or bugs right now. I just wanted to say to night that your efforts are very much appreciated. Your discerning eye and your attention to detail are part of the reason why Zaccaria has become so great.

Thanks for helping to keep A.S.K. honest all the time.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
The piece in the center, that says "extra kick" looks like it a completely different shape than on the real machine.

night

May 18, 2012
I have no feedback or bugs right now. I just wanted to say to night that your efforts are very much appreciated. Your discerning eye and your attention to detail are part of the reason why Zaccaria has become so great.

Thanks for helping to keep A.S.K. honest all the time.

Thanks for your kind words! But really, the credits goes to all of us for helping out and investing time, and especially thanks to Zsolt and his team for taking our suggestions serious! :)

kendickson

Dec 10, 2012
The number displayed on player #6 changes from a 6 to a 2 when illuminated. (Especially noticeable when it's blinking!)

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
I just put the ball into the upper level just as my bonus time was expiring. The upper-level flipper continued to work, even after the timer hit zero. I scored a few goals after my time was up, and then when I fell back down to the main level, the main flippers were correctly disabled and I drained.

But the upper-level thing was weird. Is it supposed to work like this?

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
In version 1.6 the camera zoom on this table is a little weird, the flippers are not fully on screen.

iPad1, standard cameras 1-3.

(eta: in landscape mode)

Last edited:

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Another new (v.1.8) bug:

The arrows for the red special don't advance when a goal is scored:
mljQsXS.jpg

(Screenshot is from 1.7, where it still worked)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
[Android - Initial Release - v 1.0.2]

24918111c6fcd22d07b193c743c9594f.jpg

There is some graphic corruption on some of the playfield plastics and graphics on some of the tables.

As you switch views, the horizontal striations strobe and you see the graphic underneath the striations.

I've seen this before on Zen Pinball for Android on the NVidia Sheild Tablet. I have a feeling it is an issue with the Tegra chipset.

74-89

May 2, 2014
Attack Zone bug? Using small size ball. Metronome (goalie) was stuck in the center, didn't start rocking back and forth until I hit it. Scored 4 goals in a row and it said each one missed. Then I somehow knocked the ball back up there but the flipper wouldn''t activate, so it got stuck. Changed to normal size ball and metronome worked but goals still aren't being recognized - I can see them go in but it says I missed. Then it froze when the back button didn't work and the app crashed.

Since it's offline, app reverted to unpaid version so I guess I'm done for the night! Which is just as well - I've been playing too much :)

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Attack Zone bug? Using small size ball. Metronome (goalie) was stuck in the center, didn't start rocking back and forth until I hit it. Scored 4 goals in a row and it said each one missed. Then I somehow knocked the ball back up there but the flipper wouldn''t activate, so it got stuck. Changed to normal size ball and metronome worked but goals still aren't being recognized - I can see them go in but it says I missed. Then it froze when the back button didn't work and the app crashed.

Since it's offline, app reverted to unpaid version so I guess I'm done for the night! Which is just as well - I've been playing too much :)

Could you sent us a crash report when the app freezes? Thanks!

Anyway checked the other issues with a small ball. The goalkeeper will be fixed in the next update, but the other things were all right here.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.