Beta 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

Whirlwind has a bit of lag when you have completed the cellar awards, and haven't yet gotten the super cellar door award. There was no tearing, or stuttering, just a noticeable slow down after the last cellar award was achieved and all the cellar award lights were blinking on the back board; portrait perspective, view 2 with a custom ball skin enabled.

There are now sooo many extra balls. I know that people were asking why the table replay wasn't awarding extra balls, but holy moly; i'm swearing like Archie and Jughead.
There's no way to appease everybody, so maybe FarSight needs to reach out to the community and get a feel for how to set the tables, on a table by table basis.
I know that machines with no ball saver are felt to deserve extra balls, but at the same time some machines, ie Whirlwind or Funhouse, were designed to reward extra balls regularly.
There needs to be a balance between too many and a simulation that is to much like a quarter eater.

I see something new, I see something new!! :D :D
Nudge Scheme F. Now who could have had the idea for this alternative scheme :rolleyes:

Many Thanks for the hard work Ryan, and please pass on my thanks, again, to Stuart for his work on the nudge scheme(s). I appreciate the impossible of moving things to the top of the ToDo list.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
Thanks Ryan, I confirm the spinners in WW aren't so loud anymore, nice. Well, lookie here!

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
TABLE: FL2K

O/S: ANDROID 4.04 (ICS)

DEVICE: TOSHIBA THRIVE (10.1") TEGRA(2)

ISSUE: See. Screen shot. The back glass score/ball count display and the HUD score/ball count display do not match during 4-player game play.

1. Player 3 and Player 4 Scores are on the screen but are blank on the back glass display.
2. The on screen display shows the ball count at 2; the back glass shows the ball count at 10.

Steps to Reproduce: Start a 4-player game; play at least through ball 1 on all 4 players. Observe the differences between player scores and ball counts the on the HUD and the back glass.

EDIT: I've determined that the ball count on the back glass stays "stuck" at the last end-of-game match number; the HUD counts correctly.

Thanks.

ZW920Kk.jpg

Last edited:

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012

O/S: ANDROID 4.04

ISSUE: SEE SCREEN SHOT. PORTRAIT VIEW 1 - CANNOT SEE LEFT OR RIGHT OUT LANES & LEFT AND RIGHT OUTER IN-LANES.ARE PARTIALLY CROPPED.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Start FL2K in portrait with view set to 1 (not locked); launch ball; main play field display, when the ball is at or near the bottom of the table completely cuts off the left and right out lanes to include "special" lights and inner and outer (big red) posts; the outermost left and right in-lanes are also partially cropped.

DESIRED: I personally would not like to have the view 1 drawn too far back but if we could at least catch all of the outermost in-lanes and at least the first big red post that sits atop it, that would be very helpful in having a clue when to nudge. While seeing the "special" lights would be "nice", I don't think in free play mode (presumably spitting out extra balls) that it is critical to see them fully. I was kind of hesitant to write this up because I really don't want this view (view 1) to be too far away, and I think it would be if taken all the way out, but it is really hard to execute a nudge when you can't even see enough to extrapolate when the ball might come into contact with the posts. I'd be happy with a partially cropped out-lane on each side.

ubDnQpq.jpg

Last edited:
N

netizen

Not being able to see the outlanes in portrait view 1 is pretty normal for all tables isn't?

Nexus 10 /4.2.2

Flight 2000 has a slightly transperant plunger, you can see the black spot through the base of the plunger

Goin' Nuts has no plunger knob, ipdb doesn't even show a nub like what is pictured. Is the ball supposed to launch on a timer?

I had though Mike said that older tables with LCD/Plasma displays couldn't have them on the backglass for performance issues?

something i am forgetting ....

ETA: I remembered ... The bumpers in Goin Nuts are back to the the über anaemic, non-responsive pachinko style bumpers, not the active pop bumpers that one would expect from a table whose main feature is Pop Bumpers.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
The cut off for free play on Flight 2000 seems like it kicks in as soon as you hit ball 3 no matter your score.

Goin' Nuts: If you tilt before all three balls launch the game sticks on the tilt screen and you have to quit the current game.

Last edited:

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012
not being able to see the outlanes in portrait view 1 is pretty normal for all tables isn't?

Good question.

I play exclusively in portrait view 1 (unlocked) and even I couldn't say so with any certainty either.

I decided to look at each ... percentages are estimates.

TABLE (PORTRAIT)VIEWOUT LANES (% VISIBLE)
AFM1PARTIAL (75%)
BS1PARTIAL (1%)
BH1FULL (100%)
BK1FULL (100%)
BOP1FULL (100%)
CC1FULL *
CENTAUR1FULL (100%)
C. PARK1PARTIAL (10%)
C. PUB1FULL (100%)
CV1PARTIAL (1%)
CFTBL1FULL *
DD1PARTIAL (25%)
EATPM1FULL (100%)
FP1PARTIAL (38%)
F2K1NOT VISIBLE (0%)
FH1FULL (100%)
GENIE1FULL (100%)
G. NUTS1N/A
GOR-GAR1PARTIAL (2%)
HD3E1FULL (100%)
MM1FULL (100%)
MB1FULL (100%)
NGG1FULL *
PB1LEFT - FULL *
RIGHT - PARTIAL (20%)
RBION1FULL (100%)
ELVIRA SS1FULL (100%)
SS1LEFT - PARTIAL (20%)
RIGHT - FULL (100%)
STTNG1FULL *
TOTAN1LEFT - PARTIAL (75%)
RIGHT - FULL (100%)
TAXI1FULL (100%)
TOM1FULL (100%)
TZ1FULL (100%)
WW1FULL (100%)
WH201FULL (100%)

* OUT LANE IS NOT CROPPED BUT RAMP OR DEVICE OBSCURES VIEW

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Bought and "Testing".

I've never played these tables but I'll look for strange behaviour of course.

Funny thing, for a second I thought standard goal was "Drain STDM Really Really Fast" cause the ball whipped around the table some and went STDM on me and the goal came up. I laughed.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Bought and "Testing".

I've never played these tables but I'll look for strange behaviour of course.

Funny thing, for a second I thought standard goal was "Drain STDM Really Really Fast" cause the ball whipped around the table some and went STDM on me and the goal came up. I laughed.

What was the actual goal?

N

netizen

Good question.

I play exclusively in portrait view 1 (unlocked) and even I couldn't say so with any certainty either.

That is some excellent work Pop Sgt. :ThumbsUp: Thanks all around. You get mad respect, and big props.

IMO, it looks like there has been some camera work done, as I remember Camera View one cutting off the outlanes much more. I may start using View one more often as on many of those tables it isn't much difference than 2, and on others it is more like 4. On the remainder it was the comfortable difference between 2 and 4 that I have been hoping for, and it doesn't cut off the outlanes; Bonus!!

N

netizen

I had though Mike said that older tables with LCD/Plasma displays couldn't have them on the backglass for performance issues?

I am, for sure, seeing performance issues on Flight 2000. Some skipping, and a little lagging that seems to make some strange ball behaviour and flipper handling. Stuff like passing and dead bounces etc.

This could be another Nexus 10 overfill issue, so I am asking anyone else noticing this or any other issues like these?

N

netizen

Flight 2000 Operators menu has no HUD.
The UI is there; enter: adv: up/down: escape: back: reset

But there's no HUD to show the alpha numeric display of what the machine is showing the operator.

Going' Nuts crashes TPA whenever you press the pro mode menu option. You can't even enter the pro mode menu. Simply pressing the pro mode menu option will crash TPA, with no crash report, and you're taken back to the home screen. I tried, both, in airplane mode and with a network connection, but neither made a difference.

Last edited:

Pop Sergeant

Jul 26, 2012

O/S: ANDROID 4.04 (ICS)

ISSUE: FLIGHT 2K ON-LINE LEADER BOARD NOT UPDATING (NONE); ALL FILTERS.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: PLAY FL2K AND POST SCORE TO LEADER BOARD.

At the time I'm writing this, the FL2K on-line leader board has no entries - none - for any user. It should be noted that Goin' Nuts is updating as expected.

Thanks.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Device: s3
Flight 2000
Yep I have performance issues as well, stuttering and framerate dropping. Never have any problems on other tabkes except dr dude (please fix the dude).

Goin nuts: In landscape mode, lower parts of the flippers are cut of in all views, camera is too high up on table.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I think the slings are far too powerful in Flight 2000, the ball flies (har) around the table faster than any other.

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
Not only does the plunger not touch the ball in Flight 2000 (like so many other tables), the ball also goes through the plunge measurement plastic.
w541.jpg

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Table Flight2K : It's rocks :)

Table Goin Nuts :
* call Pro Menue- app crashed to100%
* is the sound really only like a locomotive? I can hear only another one during start (short time and count Bonus sometimes)
* its equal if I play with 3 or 5 balls? no warning is coming that the score doesn't save
on other hand: nice table: it's interesting that this old table is so good :concentrate to 3 different corner t the same time and time relevant

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.