The Complete Pinball Book

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I ordered this book a few months ago, and I completely forgot about it after it arrived, until today.

The book is a MUST for probably everyone on this forum, as it's 320 pages of pinball awesomeness. There are tons of photos of tables spanning all ages, plus some flyers, shots of the insides of tables (and other components), as well lots of information on the history of pinball, and various tables. I've just started flipping through it, and it's a really neat book.

Here are links where you can order it:
Amazon.com: $37.79
Amazon.ca: $47.57

This is the third revision, and came out in January, 2011.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
It's pretty tough to get hold of in the UK Gord. No point in going to bookstores on the off chance no matter how large in central London. Amazon looks to have a few topping out at £44 odd (US$60).

I'm guessing it'll be sourced from outside the Uk, but i've ordered it. Been meaning to for ages but your recommendation sealed the deal

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's a really neat book just to flip through and look at the pretty pictures. I can't wait to read more of it.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
It's arrived. Pretty quick actually.

Absolutely cracking book. About in inch thick, glossy pages, tons of info from basic flipper info to the latest whizz bang features.

Well worth the money.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Maybe a dumb question. BUt this book is something that would be perfect for on the new ipad. Does is come as an e-book?

(dont have ipad 3 yet, probably in 1 month)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
No, I doubt you could get it as an eBook. The publisher is "Schiffer," and I think they're probably a smaller outfit.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I think this is a nice coffee table book and the one I leave out if guests come over. Personally I like the third volume of The Pinball Compendium due to its strict focus on tables from the early eighties on up.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks, dtown8532, I'll have to look into that one as well. Amazon.ca has a "generous" 1% off the book - hah!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I have a version that was published in 2000, but I can't tell which revision it is.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Thanks, dtown8532, I'll have to look into that one as well. Amazon.ca has a "generous" 1% off the book - hah!

Amazon has it right now for $37.79 (22% off). The Pinball Compendium 1982 to present. It has kind of an aqua colored cover. Mine is the older one which has a blue one. The new (2nd.) edition was released in February which is good because when the first edition was out of print it was pretty pricey. It's a great book. Same size as The Complete Pinball book but focused on just about every table from 1982 to whatever Stern's newest was at the time of print.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.