Bug Right flippers freeze

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I was just playing a good game, almost made it to the final frontier mode, then something strange happened. The ball launchers went haywire, making a grinding sound, swerving up and down for no reason. Sounded like a ball jam. Eventually that stopped, but then the right flippers were frozen. I could launch the ball, but couldn't use the bottom or top right flipper for the rest of the game. I called attendant, but that did nothing. Three ball drains later, game over.

The game finished pretty quickly with only the left flipper working. ;)

Weird bug, someone else must have encountered this.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
that's wild. never had that happen! although I have had the table's (virtual) DMD go berserk and freeze up.

Aleksandar

Jun 2, 2013
I had this too few times in Android, the right flipper freezes if you press it few times it will eventually release but then freezes again after few seconds, and nothing helps besides quit the game...sucks! And that's new! Also the thing with final frontier when the camera freezes sucks...ah, everybody is apparently so 'excited' about the Terminator pin upcoming haha nobody seems to care about fixing issues of old tables! I would like to know why an 'updated' table, given that the louncher' s position has changed, has more bugs than the previous?!

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I saw that happen on a real STTNG. And also on a Flintstones. Not very often, maybe twice a year... That could very well be something ROM related. Or the flipptronic board acting strange. Weird thing that Farsight emulated all of these - maybe it's the ball search code, that triggers that behavior - my DM does use the flippers while in ball search and it uses the same hardware... ;)

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
It's actually amusing that FS emulated the physics and even the bugs in the original programming. It keeps the game fresh. When a ball skips out of a lane, or gets stuck, or flippers freeze. Not many other programs do that. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts