Bug Android Version 1.16.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.16.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10 /4.2.2

Bug Description: Flight 2000 Pro Mode operators menu only has an enter button, and ther is still no UI for interfacing with the dip switch settings. The instructions refer to three buttons for use

Steps To Reproduce: open the coin door.

Frequency: 100%

-------------------------

Device/OS: Nexus 10 / 4.2.2

Bug Description: Pro Menu - Going Nuts Table explore is sluggish. You can zoom in and out easily, but actually moving the table view happens in jumps and starts. You get very little movement.

Steps To Reproduce: Open pro menu select table exploration

Additional Comments: I dled new copies of the RES files for both tables

4P47HY

Apr 20, 2013
Device/OS: Samsung Galaxy Note II / 4.1.2

Bug Description: [Pro Mode] Both tables /Flight 2000 and Going Nuts/ have sluggish navigation in table exploration.

N

netizen

Bug Description: [Pro Mode] Both tables /Flight 2000 and Going Nuts/ have sluggish navigation in table exploration.

That's so weird. Flight 2000 had no problem with the table explore in the beta.

Device/OS: nexus 10 / 4.3

Bug Description: Going Nuts pop bumpers are slack. I'd say they perform much like the ones in firepower.

Steps To Reproduce: play the game, see that the ball doesn't really interact with the bumpers all that much.

Additional Comments: I know this is more of a tuning complaint than a bug, but if it doesn't get logged ...

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Confirmed - however this affects all Pro packs for me, not just the 2 most recent tables.

Table exploration when zoomed in is not allowing pan. It reacts and zooms but will not pan as it did previously.
Also table exploration mode displays the table HUD whilst active, which I don't remember it doing before.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
camera labels do not match actual camera views

Device/OS: Android: 2.3.4, 4.2.2

Bug Description: While the ball is in play, the camera views that are available are labeled:
1. medium
2. high
3. low (wrong)
4. top-down (wrong)

However, in practice, the views are better described this way:
1. med (correct as is)
2. high (correct as is)
3. top-down
4. low

Steps To Reproduce: launch game, launch ball, cycle thru camera views, pause game, cycle thru camera views in options menu. See that the text labels for top-down and low are switched.

Additional Comments: ideally, the view numbers can remain as is for us that are used to the game, and the text labels for top-down and low can be swapped.

Thank you!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, what happened to the cameras for Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts in portrait view? They are all a bit too far away from the screen now. The table views on mobile devices need to be as close to the screen as possible, especially on phones. There is too much real estate showing on both Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts past the top of the playfield and below the flippers.

This is on the Galaxy S4.

Mapa

May 16, 2012
The first of three balls in Goin' Nuts almost always drains immediately (75% of the time).

Love the game, though.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I have see it sometimes already on other table : Its more or less a physical (simulation) issue:
The weight of the real pinball ball is ~80g.
On the table Goin'Nuts the upper left bumper [in the near of the capacity ball] shows not a realistic behaves: The ball rolls over/around the bumper, but not reaction - sometimes I've the feeling, that the bumper is working as a normal rubber pad.
About the weight of the ball, it's a little bit unrealistic, if the ball comes will speed or rolls from up to down "in" a bumper", that the bumper doesn't work. It's clear, that could be happen- specially in the case, if the ball is very slow and does not hit the middle of the bumper…

Btw: THX for the correction [Goin'Nuts](from the beta to the Released Versions)
* sound much better
* Timer at the beginning now clear (Count-Down)
* Lights in them iddle of the playfield now working better

Beta : Option of 5 Balls avaliable, now the option is away : Should it be?

Last edited:

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Ryan, what happened to the cameras for Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts in portrait view? They are all a bit too far away from the screen now. The table views on mobile devices need to be as close to the screen as possible, especially on phones. There is too much real estate showing on both Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts past the top of the playfield and below the flippers.

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the discussion thread or the here in the bug thread, because im not sure if it's a bug. But since PiN WiZ brought it up here...

Agreed. The view is just way too far back. There is too much back glass and also the area under the flippers/rule sheet showing. In comparison to the other tables, the ball looks like a tiny little bb, lol.

Here are a couple screen shots of flight 2000 and goin nuts from my evo 4g lte, running on jb 4.1.1. Also, here's a link to the iOS high res thread showing the same tables, using the same view #3, for comparison views.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3824-High-Resolution-Ipad-Screenshots-Thread/page3

Edit: I'm not sure why, but for some reason im getting the little blue ? box if I view the site from my tab, but my phone shows the image when viewed from it. If my pics aren't showing, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

2euz.png

4oeh.png

imho the high portrait views should show as much playfield as possible, as if the screen is the glass of the cabinet and im looking down at the table. ( well yeah of course, right? ) but i understand there needs to be some leeway for the scorebox or dmd and maybe a little thumb room, but these two tables are just too far back. At risk of slowing down everyone on their phones with a bunch of pics (sorry) here is a screen of Firepower, which i think is just about perfect. Also, notice the difference in the size of the balls :rolleyes:

bbuu.png

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I'm finding it increasingly irritating when I accidentally nudge instead of flip.

There are not enough touch schemes, the default one is too small on a 10 inch tablet and the other ones put the nudge area far too high up on the screen.

There doesn't appear to be the original touch scheme included.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The first of three balls in Goin' Nuts almost always drains immediately (75% of the time).

Love the game, though.

Same for me. Just had a couple of games, and everytime the first ball drained.Tried nudging after a while, but even that didn't help a lot.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

This is much more pronounced on the SGS4 than an N7 (look at the Stern logo)

SGS4 screen shot below...
u2e8u7uj.jpg

N7 Screen shot below...
u7atepam.jpg

Must be the screen ratio - but even the N7 image should be zoomed in more, ideally so the flippers non energised are a bit above the lower edge of the frame, or so that centre post is just visible.

Last edited:

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
If you zoom in more, then the outlanes wouldn't be fully visible. It's a compromise no matter the zoom level.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
If you zoom in more, then the outlanes wouldn't be fully visible. It's a compromise no matter the zoom level.

The outlanes are not fully visible on many of the tables on my Galaxy S4 and that's the compromise I'm willing to accept as long as I can seen the playfield much closer and actually enjoy playing these tables on a small screen. Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts have the cameras set the furthest away by far of any of the other tables on The Pinball Arcade and this needs to be corrected asap.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

As a comparison - this is how it should be.
agutyzen.jpg

Centre post (or an inch or two below un-energised flipper) at the bottom frame edge, top edge of playfield glass visible below the HUD, and outlanes visible on view 2 (mean [average] setting).

PinballMagazine

Dec 25, 2012
I play TPA on a Samsung Galaxy S2. Since upgrading to include Flight 2000 I have the following problem. I start playing with my phone charged for 60%. I play 3-4 games on the trial version of F2000 and my phone will die on me. It won't even turn on again unless I remove the battery. Usually my battery is so dead I can't even boot my phone. After half an hour or so I can boot my phone again and battery power is shown to be like 25%. Occasionally I get a message after rebooting telling me that Twitter was stopped. That's odd since I son't use Twitter on my phone.

I tested it several times and echt time playing F2000 my phone will loose all power within a few games. Does anybody else have this problem? Is this game so CPU heavy?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
New whirlwind looks and sounds great but now there's massive framerate dropping unfortunately.

Galaxy S3

Edit: restarting device seems to have helped!

Last edited:
N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10 /4.3

Bug Description: Flight 2000 Pop Bumpers are not animated when hit by the ball

Steps To Reproduce: Put the ball into the bumpers, and see that they do not "pop"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts