Sound

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
This probably applies mostly to the consoles due to having a good sound system, but one of the things that I noticed after playing was the sound just doesn't seem as "in your face" as they would in an arcade. Even the knocker sounds like a dull thwack instead of a solid clap like I'd expect. I'm not sure exactly what it is. Maybe the sound levels have been normalized so nothing really stands out and isn't as dynamic as I remember them in my head. I don't know if this is making sense.
I realize they probably have it tougher trying to find a good balance since they need to do all the "real" sound effects as well as the sound that would be coming out of the table's speakers. Maybe a future addition to add some sound options.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I agree. The mechanical sounds could definitely use some boost. It would also be cool if we could adjust the ROM volume, just like a real machine, that way we could turn it down a bit to hear everything else better, if we wanted to.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I find the sound levels acceptable as they are, although it would be nice to be able to adjust the electronic and mechanical volumes independently.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The Pinball Arcade: "We will be overhauling the mechanical sounds and adding more bass. These new sounds will be added to the June updates."

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts