Unity3D and VP

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
This is something that had been being worked on for quite a while.

Someone had managed to find a way to import FP's models into the Unity3D engine and use VPMame as well.

Over some time, the originator of the project had been overwhelmed and all seemed to be lost, but another came in and the original author of the project accepted the help (he wouldn't previously).

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=16056&page=43#entry232780

For latest developments on the project.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I'm glad this started up again. I donated to the cause in the very beginning, be a shame if it just became vaporware

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
For sure, a cool thread. I think your thread title should say Unity3D and VPM. I don't think any source from VP will be used for this.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I believe you are right in that regard loafer. In fact right now, it's still using FP models, VPM interfacing and Unity's Physics (NVidia's PhysX i think) modeling.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
So, some good news.

They've released a pre-alpha with three tables.
There's a bit of setup involved.
The three tables are The Addams Family, Dr. Dude, and Black Knight 2000.

Here's the thread at VPForums

Looks like you'll need a decent machine to run it though.

chadderack

Dec 31, 2013
Update on the Flipper Physics, its really amazing:

Obviously not a standard playfield for Addams... I've never seen a Gold. Is this a Gold?

There's a figure in the Electric Chair, and there's some kind of toy at the entrance of the cemetary that's not there in the original playfield. Also looks like there's something on top of the center ramp.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
So, anyone try it yet?

Yes and so far this has so much potential, maybe I'm over excited because FP doesn't run well or at all on my Windows 8.1 and this program is real easy to set up if you are familiar with VP. The only tables they have so far are Dr. Dude, BK2000, and The Addams Family. The lighting on all three of these are amazing and this is only early beta can't wait to see where this goes from here.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Physics are amazing you can do drop catches, flipper passes, pretty much like FP only with VP physics. Love how everything can be adjusted on the fly so you can see the differences in real time and see how much of a performance hit your PC is taking. Going to post some Dr. Dude video later this week the lighting alone is way better than anything I've ever seen on a pinsim hands down.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
So you mean that contrary to future pinball you can actually AIM?
You had my curiosity now you have my attention ^^

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts