13" iPad rumors

Samandor

May 31, 2013
If this pans out, I hope FS makes plans for Bluetooth connection of two tablets so that an older, smaller unit can become the backglass! For now, the iPad Mini could be a testbed.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
For a use like this, a larger iPad would be great. Otherwise, the existing size is more than adequate for normal use...at least for me. ;)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The iOS forum is meant to discuss the game on iOS, that's why it's under "Platform Specific" with the description "Questions and comments on devices Pinball Arcade will run on, including any platform-specific bugs." This relates to iPads in general, not the game, so I moved it to the Off Topic area.

Samandor

May 31, 2013
So - the original topic was iPad specific, thus IOS. A larger iPad may be theoretical, but an existing iPad plus an iPad Mini as backglass could be current reality. Where's the bloody difficulty in that???

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's not wise to get lippy with the admin.

The subject of your post is "13" iPad rumors?" If you want to discuss rumors of a 13" iPad, it doesn't belong in the area for discussing the game on iOS. Do you want to discuss synching the game between two iPads so one could be used as a back glass? That doesn't have much to do with rumors of a 13" iPad, does it?

night

May 18, 2012
As the iPad seems to replace a great deal of laptops it's not a bad move from Apple to go bigger. Just remember what the actrice Samantha Strong said in the movie 'Me and 16 guys in a hot steaming sauna': "bigger is better".
Well, there you go.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Not heard this rumour but it does make sense. Other companies are seem to be going maxi with their tablets so, having a bigger iPad seems a shrewd move to me.

Already thinking ouch about the cost though....

Samandor

May 31, 2013
The point of the 13" iPad is related to the threads about building mini pinball tables with the aforementioned device and a cannibalized iCade. If you are interested in doing this, and are enough of a fanatic to build one, you might be enough of a fanatic to upgrade to a larger iPad for this purpose. To be able to use your older, smaller iPad for a functioning backglass is a reasonable desire, and seems reasonable to discuss on the IOS forum. Adding functionality like this seems like a good medium-range goal for FS, if they want to keep gaining more interest - adding more tables, beyond some point, will only yield sales to the faithful.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts