2 Screen Support with Real DMD?

H4CK3R

Apr 24, 2012
I have been building and helping alot of people with Virtual Pinball builds for the past 4 years.

Was hoping that we could get any type of confirmation that this will work with a multi monitor set up, work with a com port for the DMD out put, and hopefully we can integrate a LEDwiz controller support to take care of feedback, and the DIY Kit from Nanotech.

There are roughly 3,000 users with cabs built all over the US and around the world.

Here is mine.

Its a 46 inch x 32 inch back glass with a real LED DMD.

If anyone from Farsight would like, I can help with the software, or data, or anything you might need to make this work.

If not, we will just have to hack into your software, and make it work ourselves...

Did it with Slamit... But honestly would rather work with you to make it right.

H4CK3R

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Make that 3,001! This is an amazing idea. I can understand that the DMD would be tough, but a locked top view and a back glass on a second monitor would be awesome. I would easily pay $10 or more per table to have a real working DMD and flasher support through and LEDWiz.

I didn't know Slamit was hacked for cabinets! I'm going to buy that right now.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I didn't know Slamit was hacked for cabinets! I'm going to buy that right now.

It hasn't been hacked. The developers were asked to added a top-down view, and they very kindly did. I think H4cker is possibly referring to the way it can be launched from a front-end and exited using an adapted FPLaunch with Hyperpin.

H4CK3R

Apr 24, 2012
And we had to Hack the registry to get the keys to work, as well as a lot of other things. Its been over 2 years... So muhaaa

Draftcard

May 10, 2012
The creativity in these cabinets blow my mind :)
It gets me excited every time i see one.
Seeing these projects on you tube got me back into VP to be honest :)
I'm plan to build one after the summertime ends once i start to hibernate in the house again

for now i have my backglass monitor on top of my PC tower and i have my main pc screen on a arm like this
45-185-194.jpg

so i can move the monitor around and put it on angle to act like a pinball table.
it works really well for now because i get the feel of the real table, but i can still use that pc for other stuff.

looks like this from my seat
photo.jpg

Last edited:

Draftcard

May 10, 2012
Just using my keyboard for now. But like H4CK3R says these guys add what they want when the need arises lol.
there is an unofficial build that adds controller support made by the community that is available.
If you look at people's signature on vpforums you will see links to all sorts of cool addons/tweaks that people have made for the cabinet community to improve upon the official build.

Brian C Hayes

Jul 5, 2012
Man the physics on these cabinets are just utterly superb ... I have a 32 inch two screen set up, it would be amazing to just run it on Pinball Arcade ... I would pay through the nose for the privilege .... beat trying to format hyperpiin

MrTwister

Aug 9, 2012
Had anyone tested hyperpin tables on a tv thats mounted in portait mode?

I think thats my only option, because i dont want 3 tvs at home. First for TV, second for gaming and than one other for a virtual pinball.
So i search the net for a good and not so expensive wall mount.
I found this (but its a german shop)
http://www.cmb-systeme.de/products/TV-Halterungen/TV-Wandhalterungen/360Grad-rotierbare-Flachbildschirm-Wandhalterung-32-60Zoll-50kg.html?XTCsid=g5qm5f029gp9sk2aads18uge04

Have anyone tested a virtual pinball with portrait mountet TV at the wall? Is it playable or is it a strange feeling because the angle of the playfield ist to hard (90 degrees against the angle if you stand before the pin and look in a other angle to the playfield)
The second and third positiv with this is, i can use the PC for other matters, and use thes LCD/PC dor Mame (+ rotate option for vertical shooters)

Zacharry

Banned
Aug 29, 2012
This is an amazing accessory for your cell phone and believe it's really worth it has got two screens having DMD player. I am happy to possess this as a accessory because it has got amazing features.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I think that was one of the things that made cab building popular, though the actual unit itself is pretty old hat...much better off getting the one for sale at VPForums or building your own. You need a couple monitors, some plywood or a gutted pinball machine. (Plywood lets you choose the size). A decently powerful computer, you can order the buttons and accessories from HAP controls or maybe a local retailer if you are in a big enough city. There's an interface that you use to physically wire each button to an appropriate key (labelled on the interface) Ipac interface

For nudging you can grab this.

Dazz

Oct 3, 2012
This is a pic of my cabinet. 3 screen pinball 2000 style cabinet. This cabinet is the cab that Bobby talked about in the podcast about them seeing at Texas Pinball Festival back in March.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
This is a pic of my cabinet. 3 screen pinball 2000 style cabinet. This cabinet is the cab that Bobby talked about in the podcast about them seeing at Texas Pinball Festival back in March.
Wow, that looks incredible, really prefessional. Are there any videos of it in action anywhere?

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I hooked a 22" widescreen monitor to my HTPC and put it on a shelf above the 48" tv. Not the most professional look, but was a really nice effect when playing som VP :D

3BfPC2M.jpg

Members online

Members online