360 - Bug Graphics showing which ball you are on goes blank

lazmama

Feb 21, 2012
I had a *magical* game of Black Hole this morning - a beautiful hour long dream of a game. :D

Interestingly, looked up after a couple of excellent scoring balls, I was still on Ball: 1. Totally believable that I had earned extra balls... continued to play. Looked up after the next ball or so and the graphic showed Ball:
?? Did not know which ball I was on for several balls, continued to get extra balls - the game was an exciting blur, so I don't know how many balls I played (6, 7, 8?) before the graphic came back to tell me that I was on Ball: 2. Then, I think it actually moved back to Ball: 1 and started playing normally again.

I do believe that I earned all the balls that I played... but I can't be absolutely sure - I wasn't counting. I will play closer attention next time I play, but it was a rare game of everything coming together. A hard feat to repeat.

I'll take a picture if it happens again.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Seen this also - might be on all platforms (played everything except android). Not sure how many extra balls you need to have saved up for this to happen, but it's around three. Very fun table when everything goes right and you're in the zone.

Captain Cool

Apr 25, 2012
Happens on Android too. The counter in the HUD will briefly decrement when you lose a ball and have an extra ball. If this isn't a hack it's a way of showing you how close you are to the end of the game instead of how many balls you've played.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I have seen it backtrack, going from ball 1 to black, then back to ball one again. I do not believe it is a glitch, I think the real pin played like that ... can anyone confirm that? I think it is kind of nice in a way because when it advances to ball 2 or ball 3, you realize that you have lost all the extra balls you had and are moving on.

timmiles

Apr 26, 2012
I thought you could only stack up 2 extra balls on this table, max? But I assume that this means when you lose, one you can add another up to a maximum of two?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Here is how I figured it ... if you are down in the black hole and knock down the light blue targets 2x and exit with the door open then hit the semi orbit that leads to the three middle rollovers on top that advance the multiplier, you can an extra ball and you can hit that orbit 2x for two extras. If the blue light is lit in the catcher on the top of the table, and you hit that, you can get an extra ball, in addition, I believe, but I have not paid enough attention, if you light the special on that same semi orbit by knocking down the light blue targets 3 times in the black hole and then exit with the door open and nail that same semi orbit, you can get an extra ball as well. You can also get a special if it is lit in the black hole and then all you have to do is get all three light blue drop targets down. So there you have a total of a possible of 5 extra balls per one ball in play. The great news is, if you lose a ball, on your next ball you can earn extras in the same way you did before. The beauty is, on that semi ramp, no matter what is lit, 10,000, extra ball, or special ... if you lose a ball, it will remain lit for your next ball so you can nab it without having to hit the black hole drop targets again.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I thought you could only stack up 2 extra balls on this table, max? But I assume that this means when you lose, one you can add another up to a maximum of two?

This is what the rules say ("You can only accumulate two Extra Balls per ball in play"), and I'll tentatively confirm that it is what happens. I'm sure that I've had at least two extra balls at once, and am pretty sure I've never had more than two at once, although that'd be very hard to know for sure.

I love TPA so much for allowing two EBs; the actual game (which I've either never or very rarely played) allows only one (the manual says "Only one extra ball per ball-in-play is given"). And I love specials counting as EBs so much too (and am curious what will happen with the NGG high scores, as I've gotten piles of specials during I think Hole-In-One MB). But I wish I could know if I had one or two EBs. Am I missing a way of determining that?

Finally, if you already have the max of two EBs, the places where you get an EB still light. You just don't get an EB from them. When you lose a ball and go down to having one EB, it seems that:

- The upper rollunder stays lit, and will now give you an EB, and then go unlit, but
- The upper captive-hall saucer does not stay lit.
- It seems that the lower special light goes off when you complete its drops, whether you have 0, 1, or 2 EBs.

I think. The EB behavior seems quite complex and I don't have it figured out. Please help if you have :).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.