Any videos for the PC version?

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
I still haven't seen any video or screenshot of the PC version.

It would be cool if beta testers posted some videos or screenshots. You could link them here.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I still haven't seen any video or screenshot of the PC version.

It would be cool if beta testers posted some videos or screenshots. You could link them here.

I don't think we'd be allowed to. During the TZ beta there was a private section of the forum for things like that.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Dollars to donuts, at first it's going to look a lot like the XBOX version. When they implement DX11, it will improve.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I don't think we'd be allowed to. During the TZ beta there was a private section of the forum for things like that.

Yeah, it makes sense. People usually don't understand the difference between a beta and a release version.
I'll gladly record gameplay on release version tho, so you can see my flipper "skills" :p

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
Dollars to donuts, at first it's going to look a lot like the XBOX version. When they implement DX11, it will improve.

So, they actually plan to upgrade the PC version in order to match it with the PS4 improved version? Any source to confirm this? If they do not, I wouldn't see the interest of buying it on PC, I would rather wait for the PS4 release.

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
Yeah, it makes sense. People usually don't understand the difference between a beta and a release version.
I'll gladly record gameplay on release version tho, so you can see my flipper "skills" :p

Actually, I saw many gameplay footages available on youtube for beta versions of other games (big titles).

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
the one area that the pc version should immediately look better than the xbox in is the Anti-aliasing. somewhere on these forums a couple months ago it was noted by a farsight employee that the pc version will have some video options on release one of which being 6x Anti-aliasing. Edges, Lines and textures should be noticeably better than the xbox version :)

but man oh man once we get that direct x 11 lighting like the ps4 the pc version is going to really fly. I heard on the audio interview it's going to get added pretty much right around when they get the ps4 version out because they are currently going through all the tables 1 by 1 and carefully modeling the lights. Supposedly it takes a whole week for their entire art department to do the new lighting on 1 table and they still have to deal with every new pack release as it keeps going and going.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
So, they actually plan to upgrade the PC version in order to match it with the PS4 improved version? Any source to confirm this? If they do not, I wouldn't see the interest of buying it on PC, I would rather wait for the PS4 release.

See here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...o-be-shown-at-E3?p=80435&viewfull=1#post80435.

Short version: DirectX 9 at launch, DirectX 11 for those with capable graphics hardware somewhat later on. No specific timeframe was given.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Actually, I saw many gameplay footages available on youtube for beta versions of other games (big titles).

Me too, what I was refering to is that people judge a game in beta like it was the final product. Wich generates negative opinions and attention. You would not believe peoples comment in game during Battlefield 3 alpha trials.

shimoda

Mar 14, 2013
Me too, what I was refering to is that people judge a game in beta like it was the final product. Wich generates negative opinions and attention. You would not believe peoples comment in game during Battlefield 3 alpha trials.

I would, I remember how crappy the alpha release was, and the forums. Game turned out pretty damn good though, except for the hackers and cheaters.

p6800

May 17, 2013
So, can't some beta testers take a break from playing and post some screenshots and a few youtube videos?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We would appreciate it if beta users don't post videos or screen shots. Since the game is still in beta those might not represent what the final product would look like.

We will post official screenshots/video in the up coming weeks.

Thank you.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
p6800,

The XBOX360 versions are going to look very very similar to the PC versions.

The PC versions will likely support the higher resolutions of PC monitors. But the videos of the 360 versions are going to be a very good indication of what you're getting at launch.

When FS can start updating the lighting later on down the road, it will be a different story, but you'll most likely have the next gen versions to go by as well.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
How about just a general description from the Beta guys describing how it actually looks? Not speculation but actual firsthand info?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
It looks and plays pretty darn nice. Will be my platform of choice. Much more and better detail than mobile or PS3, IMHO. The speedbag on Champion Pub looks like it should. Very happy with the beta, and it is only going to get better as we go along.

Members online

Members online