Zaccaria Pinball - Update v1.6

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Yesterday (at August 8th) update v1.6 has been sent to Apple for review.

This update addresses following issues/changes:
- ADDED a new pinball table, Blackbelt
- ADDED a new iap, Table Pack #1 that offers Devil Riders, Locomotion, Pinball Champ '82, Farfalla, Robot, Hot Wheels, Soccer Kings and Blackbelt for a discount price
- FIXED multiple touch issue that causes flipper trouble

SOCCER KINGS
- FIXED texture issue on high level playfield

ROBOT
- FIXED slingshot issue

35b6p6t.jpg

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Blackbelt looks bloody good to me!

About the issue on Robot, where the ball doesn't get all the way through the hole to make the little robots rise, is that fixed as well?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Blackbelt looks bloody good to me!

About the issue on Robot, where the ball doesn't get all the way through the hole to make the little robots rise, is that fixed as well?

Yep, getting the robots to rise is a bummer on an otherwise fun pin.

Black belt looks great. Can't wait to bash the roto target on that baby!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Are there any Zac tables with just dud artwork? I seem to love the look of every table. They are just so darn colorful and alive. Was the art all done by the same designer?
The ASK team also makes them look beautiful, which adds so much to the experience.

Now start the countdown clock for the release next Friday. :)

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The flipper and flipper rubber colors are reversed on the vid. Which is correct? White flippers with red rubbers or red flippers with white rubbers?

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Are there any Zac tables with just dud artwork? I seem to love the look of every table. They are is just so darn colorful and alive. Was the art all done by the same designer?
The ASK team also makes them look beautiful, which adds so much to the experience.

Now start the countdown clock for the release next Friday. :)

agreed. All the Zaccaria tables just have a remarkable degree of "POP!" I hope Blackbelt plays as great as it looks. I'm finding with pretty much all of the Zaccaria tables that the games tend to be very short. I can't keep balls alive for any prolonged period of time and I'm almost never able to nudge myself out of trouble. I also find it really really tough to aim shots. I'm just never quite on target...

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Have to agree, Blackbelt looks fun, and you do not see martial art (cheesy as they make them) themed tables.

:( Come to Android or PC soon please (whenever you can). :D

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
agreed. All the Zaccaria tables just have a remarkable degree of "POP!" I hope Blackbelt plays as great as it looks. I'm finding with pretty much all of the Zaccaria tables that the games tend to be very short. I can't keep balls alive for any prolonged period of time and I'm almost never able to nudge myself out of trouble. I also find it really really tough to aim shots. I'm just never quite on target...
Yeah, the nudge system they use now is a miss for me too. I'd like a touch nudge system similiar to TPA's.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, the nudge system they use now is a miss for me too. I'd like a touch nudge system similiar to TPA's.

actually I don't mind the swipe nudging. That's actually my preference in TPA. I just find the swipe nudging in Zaccaria is pretty ineffective most of the time. I think nudging in TPA is too effective though...something between the two would be perfect. :)

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
actually I don't mind the swipe nudging. That's actually my preference in TPA. I just find the swipe nudging in Zaccaria is pretty ineffective most of the time. I think nudging in TPA is too effective though...something between the two would be perfect. :)

Am I the only one who likes the Zaccaria swipe nudge implementation? What I find really convenient is that I only have to swipe(usually with the right thumb or finger, just touch and swipe). I don't need to think about it, there is no special area on the screen, I just nudge it. I can effortlessly save 70% of all center drains and passing the ball is pretty easy too. Changing the nudge scheme would almost break the game for me.

But there is no reason to oppose touch nudging as an additional option, of course.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Am I the only one who likes the Zaccaria swipe nudge implementation? What I find really convenient is that I only have to swipe(usually with the right thumb or finger, just touch and swipe). I don't need to think about it, there is no special area on the screen, I just nudge it. I can effortlessly save 70% of all center drains and passing the ball is pretty easy too. Changing the nudge scheme would almost break the game for me.

But there is no reason to oppose touch nudging as an additional option, of course.

I really like that you can swipe anywhere. I think that's great. Unfortunately I can rarely save a centre drain for some reason. I swipe and nothing much happens. I probably just need more practice...

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
As previously noted, 6 or 7 of the generation 2 zaccaria games used the ruby red translucent flippers.
So far we don't have the correct flipper type for those. A previous note from ASK said they would make the red flippers someday.

Blackbelt uses the ruby red flippers.

The flipper and flipper rubber colors are reversed on the vid. Which is correct? White flippers with red rubbers or red flippers with white rubbers?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
As previously noted, 6 or 7 of the generation 2 zaccaria games used the ruby red translucent flippers.
So far we don't have the correct flipper type for those. A previous note from ASK said they would make the red flippers someday.

Blackbelt uses the ruby red flippers.

Thanks apex.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Quick question for those of you who have been around for previous Zaccaria updates: do they usually include fixes that aren't documented in the release notes for the update or is it usually the case that they tell you exactly what's coming? Just curious...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.