Request Upward nudge touch zone in shake nudge mode.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I know that the devs are having troubke implementing upward nudging in shake mode. Was thinking that as a compromise of adding a touch zone between the current flipper zones.

I think it actually makes more sense than flinging the mpbile device upward (and will result in fewer phone repairs). It even makes sense in regard to the fact that you are still, in effect, bumping the bottom of the table.

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Seconded. I recently switched over to shake mode from touch, but find myself automatically touching the dead space between the flipper zones as a Hail Mary play to try and rescue a ball. Shoving the tablet away from me (or tipping it downward?) is not as intuitive as a sideways shake for the other nudge directions.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
+1 would definitely be a good improvement.

Superballs - shake nudge seems as responsive on my SGS4 as the N7-1stGen BTW. No lag.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
+1 would definitely be a good improvement.

Superballs - shake nudge seems as responsive on my SGS4 as the N7-1stGen BTW. No lag.

Nice. Good to know there are improvements in that department.

Yeah I took your advice in chat and made a proper request thread. Now hopefukky the devs go through it :)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Bump!

Ryan - any chance of an upwards nudge touch zone between the existing flipper touch zones, when 'shake nudge' is active?

I've taken to playing on my phone due to work, and using 'shake nudging' and physically shaking the device upwards doesn't do anything in TPA, so the touch zone for up is really missed.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Bump!

Ryan - any chance of an upwards nudge touch zone between the existing flipper touch zones, when 'shake nudge' is active?

I've taken to playing on my phone due to work, and using 'shake nudging' and physically shaking the device upwards doesn't do anything in TPA, so the touch zone for up is really missed.
Get the request off to support@pinballarcade.com.

With the change in staff in mobile, we can't rely on anything we post here being tracked.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I've always asked both on here and by emailing support personally.

I've given up asking for TPA features for Android for now.
It rarely worked back then. :)
But with Ryan going and Stuart gone, I figured, lets see what/who pans out for mobile, and give them a good chunk of time to settle in.
Maybe after that.

(Cloud save would be top of my personal list).

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've always asked both on here and by emailing support personally.

I've given up asking for TPA features for Android for now.
It rarely worked back then. :)
But with Ryan going and Stuart gone, I figured, lets see what/who pans out for mobile, and give them a good chunk of time to settle in.
Maybe after that.

(Cloud save would be top of my personal list).
Good on you for covering both bases.

I'd say most folks would have only commented here (I only ever email when no Farsight employee acknowledges the request in the thread). I will change that pattern in the short to medium term.

Because so few Farsight employees actively participate on the forum, we really must send these through to the support email.

By all means, link the tracking post in your email. But definitely email, email, email.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Good on you for covering both bases.

I'd say most folks would have only commented here (I only ever email when no Farsight employee acknowledges the request in the thread). I will change that pattern in the short to medium term.

Because so few Farsight employees actively participate on the forum, we really must send these through to the support email.

By all means, link the tracking post in your email. But definitely email, email, email.

Do you (or anyone else) know anything about who will be looking after mobile going forwards yet?
Or is it too early to know.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Do you (or anyone else) know anything about who will be looking after mobile going forwards yet?
Or is it too early to know.
Even with access to NDA information, I have no idea what Farsight is doing for mobile other than actively recruiting for new talent.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Even with access to NDA information, I have no idea what Farsight is doing for mobile other than actively recruiting for new talent.

Maybe we should create a stickied thread right at the top of the folder, with known issues / feature requests for Android for whoever does take this on.
It could only help.

Biggest issue IMO, which must be hurting Farsights sales, is CDN download issue.

Look at the last months play reviews - It's riddled with people who can't download tables and don't know the 'delete table' in manage workaround.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Maybe we should create a stickied thread right at the top of the folder, with known issues / feature requests for Android for whoever does take this on.
It could only help.

Biggest issue IMO, which must be hurting Farsights sales, is CDN download issue.

Look at the last months play reviews - It's riddled with people who can't download tables and don't know the 'delete table' in manage workaround.
I think Sean has a master issues forum that carried details about table issues.

But platform specific issues are not compiled in an easy way (unless Farsight keeps issues in their private bug tracker up to date).

Because everyone should be able to contribute to this initiative, perhaps a shared Google doc with links to topics and current status could work better? Anyone with the link could add or update. Otherwise it is up to the OP to keep the list current or a mod to edit (which is a bottleneck in information flow).

If this sounds like a good way forward, I'll set this up on Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts