Dragon's Crown

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Yes I bought it too on disc. Finally a good hack 'n slash rpg worth playing. Dungeon Siege III is also very good and underrated. Believe it or not Sony has the better deal price wise on Tales of Xillia. The disc retails for $59.99 + tax. I don't know if you are into full blown rpgs but this one has gotten solid reviews as well as Dragon's Crown. If you ever need an online partner send me a FR request to Rivets72. That's my game account.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
I like how Vanillaware games look, but I only managed to play Muramasa on the Wii, great game too.

Dragon Crown looks like a fun hack and slash, almost looking like something from the hay-days of beat'em ups like Streets of Rage, or Golden Axe. Too bad I don't own any of the current PS systems, mainly Vita.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I bought both PSVita and Ps3 versions , very enjoyable , and recommended for anyone with either consoles . You can upload a save from one version to download to the other . Multiplayer unlocks once you beat the Beholder boss mission .

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, great game.. I got my bundle yesterday. :)
DragonsCrownArtBook-01-vgo.jpg

More pictures of the Dragon's Crown Artworks book here:
http://www.videogameobsession.com/videogame/mags/books/DragonsCrownArtworks

I love classic hack & slash games like this. Can't wait for the new Strider game too.

Last edited:

Gallow

Jun 30, 2012
I was surprised how big the art book is. But, after playing the game i would much rather have had a soundtrack disk.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I think the game looks good and all that but this really seems like a $15-$20 game to me rather than a full-fledged $60 title.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
It's worth full price, IMO, one of the rare games I did buy at release. It's got a little more depth than most arcade beat em' ups do, there are six character classes that all have unique abilities and playing styles, and there's a loot system about as addictive as Diablo II was - you have different kinds of weapons, armor, and jewelry that you wear to boost your stats. The stages having branching paths and different bosses enemies depending on which way you go, so once you go through all the levels once, there is brand new stuff to see. Enemies, bosses and concepts in the game are an homage to classic D&D, and a host of other fantasy themed media. I've noticed nods to Rastan in the music, Magic Sword, and a bunch of other games - but it's just little touches, DC stands well on it's own two feet. There was obvious care put into the art, animation, and music, too.

Anyway, TLDR; If you like arcade style beat em' ups you can co-op with friends (online or couch!), and if you like diablo style loot addictiveness, at least check out a trailer on youtube. My friends and I have all been having a blast!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Wish there was a demo available for PS3, I really want to try this one out. Anyone remember the 2 Baldur's Gate games for PS2? That was awesome with the co op action.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.