Mac Version 2.6.1 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Please post your Mac version 2.6.1 feedback here!

If you want to report bugs or other problems with this version, please use THIS THREAD and follow the guidelines in the first post.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
I can confirm that both the Table of the Month (White Water this month) and Free Play have been added. I will be shocked if Apple lets this stand. Unless you buy every table pack anyway, I suggest making a backup copy now.

The space carpet is gone.

Tables are now downloaded individually (each one will download as you first play it.) Manage Tables (under Options) works as expected. Seasons are purchased from the "buy" screen for any unowned table. I hope this feature is still in the Mac version when Season Three rolls around.

Arrow keys now work for navigation. The program still lacks focus on startup. This means that you have to click on the program once before keyboard navigation is possible. You can then use the space bar to enter My Tables and the arrow keys to select a table. The space bar will then operate the two Start buttons between you and gameplay. All that is needed now is a way to operate the Exit button (and default focus) and full keyboard operation would be possible.

Buttons have been added to the main screen for exiting the program and toggling full screen. Why the standard Mac full screen widget was not added to the upper-right corner is beyond me. Fullscreen apps are now an integral part of OS X.

Gorgar's white lights now distinguish between on and off. That's fantastic. Next, we can hope to have the strobing in the upper-right turned off. Only the Snake Pit (upper-left) should strobe.

The What's New lists other bug fixes for recent tables Flight 2000, Goin' Nuts, Championship Pub and Whirlwind. A minimum window size, language option and Tales of the Arabian Nights getting its full name round out the changes. I did not see the app version number in the Options menu. I don't have any Kickstarter rewards, so I couldn't confirm if they now appear with every start of the app.

Last edited:

Jay

May 19, 2012
Woohoo! I'm thrilled that the tables can be sampled now. In fact, I celebrated by buying a pack after I tried out the tables. :D

I do have a Kickstarter table and it did appear without me having to log out and back in. Glad Farsight is making progress with the Mac version -- and I hope Apple leaves it alone. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to do on a Mac what I already can on my iPad.

Jul 2, 2012
I had to log out (which crashed the app by the way) and back in for the KS tables to show up as purchased.

A suggestion regarding the login process: email and password fields in the same window, ability to switch focus between them using Tab key and then the ability to submit using Return key. Moreover, if my email or password was incorrect, let me try again right away (and don't make me retype everything), instead of just saying "Login Failed" and making me start all over again.

In general, TPA still feels very alien to the Mac platform UI-wise. I wish we'd some day get a version tailored specifically for the Mac, instead of being an adaptation of the iOS version. One can always dream, huh?

Last edited:

Oenta

Jul 10, 2012
When i press the Full Screen button, the app still freezes. Also when i click the tournament button.. the app freezes. Please Fix... I'm on OSX 10.7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.