First Pac-Man game comes over to Steam...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I love this version. I've never even been a big fan of PacMan, but this incarnation is so much fun. Major adrenaline rush with this one. Aside from the recent Battle-Royale, this is the best version of PacMan since Ms.

Unfortunately, and this is pretty much all Steam's fault, I won't pick it up until a Steam sale. Where I'm sure I'll get it for 5 bucks or less. I already have this on my Xbox. I can wait.

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Old school joke. If you get it, unfortunately the joke is on you. Probably still painful too.

Actually one game that I returned to Sears after opening it and being utterly disappointed with it. I can still hear the awful game sounds in my head.

Last edited:

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Missle Command was decent, and Activision made some decent games for the time. Donkey Kong was another stinker on 2600. I remember dreaming of days like we have today. That we would be able to play arcade quality games at home. The arcade is definitely home now

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yes, but it's also sad at the same time. There was something special about hanging at the arcade. It's just not the same playing at home. Going to the mall arcade was the highlight of my week as a kid. Now none of the malls have arcades anymore. It's sad.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
First of all, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is a fantastic game. I got it for free on PS3 for being a PS+ and it was worth every penny :) Seriously, it's a terrific game.

Secondly, Missile Command on the 2600 was really good. Given the limitations of the system and its single fire button, they did a great job with it.

Thirdly, although I was sadly disappointed with the look of the game, I played a lot of Pac-Man on the 2600 and ended up enjoying it. It's a bad imitation of the arcade version but isn't a completely horrible game either.

Fourth, there is actually a decent version of Donkey Kong for the 2600 that some homebrew guy did. The one released back in the 80s was terrible. I think there's an improved Pac-Man around as well.

I'm so old the 2600 was my second game system.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I have Pacman CE and DX for 360, and CE was once the reason (along with Dead Rising 1) that I bought the system. Literally a system seller for me. It's worth buying again for Steam because that just puts me one step closer to putting it in an arcade cabinet. Not sure how it will play but I'd love to just have the option.

I never heard of the developer though, I hope it's a good port.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
About time that finally arriving to the PC.

Kind of reminds me of wanting to get the updated Smash TV game that was on XBLA (not having a 360 hurts), and would like to see that come to PC/Steam. Though Ultratron is a good replacement stick shoot-em-up.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Did you have the Magnavox Odyssey?

The Atari 2600 was my first, followed by the ColecoVision.

I had a Magnavox Odyssey. Had the ColecoVision too. First time a decent Donkey Kong was released was on ColecoVision. ColecoVision had some decent recreations. Used to play he hell out of Ladybug. Sort of like a pacman game.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Kind of reminds me of wanting to get the updated Smash TV game that was on XBLA (not having a 360 hurts), and would like to see that come to PC/Steam. Though Ultratron is a good replacement stick shoot-em-up.

I don't think there was a Smash TV remake, since the one that was on XBLA was just an arcade port.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.