Zaccaria Pinball - Blackbelt (1986) Bugs & Feedback

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
Does anyone else think that Blackbelt's background music sounds a little bit like a recently-released TPA table?

I won't name names, but its initials are "Goin' Nuts."

dagwood

Feb 2, 2013
Oh come on folks, it's nothing like the constant background rhythmic nattering of Goin' Nuts. The music and sound effects of this table are classic for that time and full of nostalgia for those now in their 40's who grew up playing these tables.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Still very tough to hit shots up the middle. Everything seems to go wide. Not sure if its the flippers or the physics. Makes hitting the roto target tough to hit.
Can this be corrected with settings adjustments or is this an issue no matter how you set them?

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Still very tough to hit shots up the middle. Everything seems to go wide. Not sure if its the flippers or the physics. Makes hitting the roto target tough to hit.
Can this be corrected with settings adjustments or is this an issue no matter how you set them?

yes I find this to be the case with all the tables as well. about the only time I can hit the middle of the playfield is with a one-timer. aiming a shot up the middle with a trapped ball is nearly impossible...

night

May 18, 2012
Does anyone know what the guys says when the game begins? (My Zaccarians is not that well.)

The little chrome parts on the right outlanes look very good, as well as all the chrome around the table-glass. I hope ASK will update this quality on all tables. Blackbelt really plays as smooth as silk, definetly the best physics so far.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

Yes, aiming is one of the major areas where Zaccaria is lacking. I'd say more than 3/4 of flipper surface fires the ball wide which isn't realistic. To get the Robot Ramp in Robot I trap and shoot the ball as soon as I release the flipper. Like I said, it's not natural in feeling but this is the only way I can intentionally make center playfield shots.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Sounds nothing like it to me either. Goin' Nuts sound is much better too IMHO. Zaccaria tables don't have half the sound quality of the North American tables. They always sounded too tinny and robotic compared to their North American counterparts. I still love them, but they pale in their sound quality to any of the big North American manufacturers. I do love the new table though. It is much easier to get a good score and play for a long time on this table. :)

milkman

May 18, 2013
I have a strange bug with this table. When the ball drains, the bonus calculation lasts forever, it just keeps repeating over and over again and the score just keeps going higher with no way to stop it. I can't play more than one ball!

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
Totaly disagree , how can you compare 300 tables with 30 ? Zaccaria have a good variation of sounds Pinball champ have more variation than many popular usa tables on the same time released , american tables the 80's the sound was so repetitive ...Zaccaria tables are exotic and very original comparing with the american tables ..but as American talking "you" of course the American tables are the Best of the world , keep that inside the bordes . There is no best , it's all about variations ... it's what make this world interesthing " variations , diversity ... there goes for the hundreds pinball tables with diferent art and sound concept play fields etc ...should be thankful for Zaccaria concept that have an unique touch !

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
correction , not American , but the cousin Canadian ... goes same . focus on diversity ... originality ... cheers !

drdrey

Jun 11, 2012
I have a strange bug with this table. When the ball drains, the bonus calculation lasts forever, it just keeps repeating over and over again and the score just keeps going higher with no way to stop it. I can't play more than one ball!

Had this happen also had to shut down and restart. Happened after first ball only happend one time. Still love the new table cant wait for spooky to be released also pool champion looks fun. Really enjoying zaccaria tables.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
trapping / cradling wont get the shot up the middle i have to flip it on the fly and i can hit the roto thing.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Strange, I can hit the middle target.

There is a pause when the last ball drains. I first thought it was an added feature some have requested, but after the pause the bonus count starts and then the game snaps to the high score table. If the pause is intentional, it should occur after the bonus count.

night

May 18, 2012
Strange, I can hit the middle target.

There is a pause when the last ball drains. I first thought it was an added feature some have requested, but after the pause the bonus count starts and then the game snaps to the high score table. If the pause is intentional, it should occur after the bonus count.

+1
But the pause itself feels much better already.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I found a Bug:

Some of the playfield inserts are not reset properly when the ball drains: The bonus multiplier lane for example(upper right), a three stage switch, stays lit at position 3 after a drain and resets to one after the first hit.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts