Fixed PC Beta does not load on Steam

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
When the game is launched by selecting play via Steam, the game does not respond. A blank window opens with heading (not Responding). Receive the error everytime I attempt to launch The PinballArcade BETA.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Crash
When attempting to launch game via Steam. Blank black window pops up, and indicates Pinball Arcade (Not Responding)
OS Version: Windows 7 64 bit
Graphics Card: RADEON x850 Series
Ram: 2GB
Version # Unable to detect as game crashes and does not load
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: 1280x1024

Frequency of Occurrence: 100% of the time

Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Largest Memory Chunk = 663207936
Alloc Resource Heap
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Object Heap
Init Object Heap
Success
Alloc Lua Heap
Init Lua Heap
Success
Alloc STL Heap
Init STL Heap
Success
Init Game
IMemoryInterface - Allocate
IMemoryInterface - InitHeap
DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\Source\Resource\Resource.c, LINE - 1564

DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PinballFramework\Williams\LegacyFunctions.cpp, LINE - 531

Create DX9 Device
Create Device Success
DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PC\PCApp.cpp, LINE - 303

DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PinballFramework\Williams\LegacyFunctions.cpp, LINE - 531

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Were you able to get it to run at all?

Try deleting your save file. To do that, delete all files in their Pinball Arcade folder inside My Games.

On Win 7 it’s in C:\Users\username\My Games\Pinball Arcade\

It's failing on setting the resolution. If the above doesn't help I'll need to make some changes to the resolution set code.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
I checked in the folder suggested, and it does not contain any files, folder is empty. Unable to get the game to run. Game doesn't load, just get black window where game should open. I have used Steam client before, as I have existing game(s) account.

Last edited:

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Hi, I just received my E-mail to be a beta tester for Steam. No. 1 i'm not sure my Computer can handle it, but I would love to try. and No. 2 where do you go on Steam to find Add a Game, I have looked everywhere for it so I can put in the Code I have. Also I can't find The Pinball Arcade anywhere, I think I would be better off being a Beta tester for the Ipad 3 then the PC. because i'm always on my Ipad 3, and when I got the Ipad 3 for Christmas I have been asking you guys if I could be a Beta tester. I have found some glitches Emulation with sound and music, also ball flows and words not right on the Cabinet. So to Whomever let me know I would be interested, I'll try PC but if it doesn't work I would like to Beta test Ipad 3, Thank you all.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Hi, I just received my E-mail to be a beta tester for Steam. No. 1 i'm not sure my Computer can handle it, but I would love to try. and No. 2 where do you go on Steam to find Add a Game, I have looked everywhere for it so I can put in the Code I have. Also I can't find The Pinball Arcade anywhere, I think I would be better off being a Beta tester for the Ipad 3 then the PC. because i'm always on my Ipad 3, and when I got the Ipad 3 for Christmas I have been asking you guys if I could be a Beta tester. I have found some glitches Emulation with sound and music, also ball flows and words not right on the Cabinet. So to Whomever let me know I would be interested, I'll try PC but if it doesn't work I would like to Beta test Ipad 3, Thank you all.

Lower left hand corner in the steam client you should see, "+ ADD A GAME", click that, then click activate a product on steam and use the key you got.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Running current version, and game still won't launch

Game Crashes before it loads
When attempting to launch game via Steam. Blank black window pops up, and indicates Pinball Arcade (Not Responding)
OS Version: Windows 7 64 bit
Graphics Card: RADEON x850 Series
Version #0.009
Display Mode: “Windowed/Full Screen”
Display Resolution: 1280x1024

vs 0.009
Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Largest Memory Chunk = 663207936
Alloc Resource Heap
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Object Heap
Init Object Heap
Success
Alloc Lua Heap
Init Lua Heap
Success
Alloc STL Heap
Init STL Heap
Success
Init Game
IMemoryInterface - Allocate
IMemoryInterface - InitHeap

Set display mode
Resolution = 640x480
PixelFormat = 22
DepthFormat = 75
StencilBits = 8
Create DX9 Device
Create Device Success
PC_InitShaders FAILED!

Failed!!!
DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PC\PCApp.cpp, LINE - 304

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Well if that is true then I guess I'm out of luck being a PC Beta tester for now! Any suggestions for an awesome AGP Graphics card with 3.0 pixel shader to replace my ATI x850xt Platinum Edition?

Last edited:

PALADiN

Aug 14, 2013
Well if that is true then I guess I'm out of luck being a PC Beta tester for now! Any suggestions for an awesome AGP Graphics card with 3.0 pixel shader to replace my ATI x850xt Platinum Edition?

I think you're out of luck on that one. You're going to need a full system overhaul.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012

Sorry I missed the X850 the first time you posted so I didn't realize it was DX9b/Shader Model 2.

If you can find a used card, GeForce 6800 or 7800 both come in AGP.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Found a NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT on Ebay. So in a week or two I should be able to beta test. Thanks Mike

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Labeled as "Fixed" as thread creator's video card fell below minimum specs.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Graphics card installed, can now Beta test windowed at 1024x768, with little to no frame lag. Thanks Mike
Just waiting on access for T2 to Beta test. $410 Backer

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 6800GT
Version #0.014
Display Mode: “Windowed”
Display Resolution: “1024x768”

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
I get way more lag at full screen Jeff. Unless I choose to run full screen at 800x600, then no lag but graphics take a huge hit.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Jeff gave it a 2nd try at 1024x768. Play great so far. I had to auto re synch my Analog RGB to get it to work at full screen, and no lag! :)

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Finally have all settings at max for my setup, now playing at full screen 1280x1024 lag free, and all I can say is OMG! :)You will not be disappointed when the game is released on STEAM people!:cool:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce 6800GT
CPU AMD Athlon 64 FX-60
Version #0.014
Display Mode: “Full screen”
Display Resolution: “1280x1024”

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts