PC - Bug Game simply freezes and doesn't load

crazygravy

Oct 28, 2012
Same as Canadian365. I see the icon for it on the Taskbar with the Program symbol but that's as far as it gets. This also screws up other running programs. Only option is to close via Task Manager/Processes.

OS Version - Windows XP home premium

No graphics card - on board graphics

Ram - 4gb

Version - won't display as it never fully loads

Display - 1280x768

100% of the time

Expect the game to open but it does not.

Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Largest Memory Chunk = 534777856
Alloc Resource Heap
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Object Heap
Init Object Heap
Success
Alloc Lua Heap
Init Lua Heap
Success
Alloc STL Heap
Init STL Heap
Success
Init Game
IMemoryInterface - Allocate
IMemoryInterface - InitHeap
DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\Source\Resource\Resource.c, LINE - 1564

DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PinballFramework\Williams\LegacyFunctions.cpp, LINE - 531

Create DX9 Device
Create Device Success
DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PC\PCApp.cpp, LINE - 303

DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PinballFramework\Williams\LegacyFunctions.cpp, LINE - 531

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Were you able to get it to run at all?

Try deleting your save file. To do that, delete all files in their Pinball Arcade folder inside My Games.

On Win XP I think it’s in C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Games\. But I don’t have an XP computer to check.

crazygravy

Oct 28, 2012
Update

Were you able to get it to run at all?

Try deleting your save file. To do that, delete all files in their Pinball Arcade folder inside My Games.

On Win XP I think it’s in C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Games\. But I don’t have an XP computer to check.

No it won't come all the way up; you see Pinball Arcade program open on the Taskbar but if you click on it nothing happens. Also causes other programs to stop responding, Checked the My Games/Pinball Arcade folder and it is empty.

Bob

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Ok, I believe it's an issue with the initial screen resolution setting

"DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PC\PCApp.cpp, LINE - 303" this is a failure to set resolution. I have an idea that might fix that.

crazygravy

Oct 28, 2012
Wondering

Ok, I believe it's an issue with the initial screen resolution setting

"DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PC\PCApp.cpp, LINE - 303" this is a failure to set resolution. I have an idea that might fix that.

What that idea might be; something I can try or something on your end?

crazygravy

Oct 28, 2012
Update

What that idea might be; something I can try or something on your end?

No problems with my home laptop at least with it opening and being playable. FYI it has a discreet graphics card as opposed to on board. Could the fact that by default it's set to a very low resolution be the issue?

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
.010 does not start on a win xp 32bit sp2 machine. I get an /IMemor...ace.cpp line 11 expression: mData error from MS VisualC++

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Try deleting your save file. C:\Users\UserID\My Games\Pinball Arcade

If it still happens, copy the contents of Log.txt to your post. Log.txt is located in Pinball Arcade installation under steam. For most people that is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Mike, please find the log here:

vs 0.010
Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Largest Memory Chunk = 266342400
Alloc Resource Heap
Failed
Init Game
MemManger - Out of Memory!
Error: out of memory, FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\Source\Utility\MemManager.c, LINE - 805

Hit a DebugLine!!!

Error: out of memory, FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\Source\Utility\MemManager.c, LINE - 805

Hit a DebugLine!!!

Hit a DebugLine!!!

IMemoryInterface - Allocate

Hit a DebugLine!!!

IMemoryInterface - Allocate FAILED!

-------

The mem log is like 100kb, I won't post it here... If you'd need that I'll zip it up and send you an email.

Thanks!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Don't need the mem log.

The issue is this

Largest Memory Chunk = 266342400

The largest chunk of ram you have is 200MB. It requires about 500 to load. What is the total RAM on your machine?

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
4 Gigs installed. 3.2(?) for the 32bit programs. I'm gonna go over to my win7 machine (in the cab) 8 gigs or to the dual Xeon with 128gb. I suspect the Xp32bit sp2 OS more than anything else... ;)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
4 Gigs installed. 3.2(?) for the 32bit programs. I'm gonna go over to my win7 machine (in the cab) 8 gigs or to the dual Xeon with 128gb. I suspect the Xp32bit sp2 OS more than anything else... ;)

Something you could try...reboot the xp machine fresh and run Pinball before anything else. Make sure you don't have any memory hogging apps running.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I tried that already. As this XP is stripped down using nlite, it only uses around 240mb after booting. It could very well be that I have stripped it down too much for playing TPA. Though everything else works without problems (max, ps, various video encoding tools (digital rapids card)). If you'd like to investigate further, I could provide you with additional sys info.

In the meantime I'm heading over to some xp64 or win7 machine. My intention was to test it on the lowest specs computer I have :)

Btw, are you sure I won't need SP3 for some reason?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts