PC - Request Antialiasing

Twoflower

Aug 13, 2013
Seconded. The game runs pretty smoothly aside from the occasional odd dropped frame, I think higher quality rigs could easily use this.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I definitely plan to fix this. If I'm correct, MSAA works when you turn post processing off. When I hooked it up I was able to get it to work when you don't use post processing. I think it's still setup to work that way, it currently chooses the highest AA your card supports (I definitely need to change that to be user selected). However post processing renders to a texture/render target so built in MSAA doesn't work right. This is why games like Oblivion let you set HDR or AA, but not both.

Forcing the setting through nVidia or ATI's setup seems to work for most people.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I have an idea, usually it requires a profile in the graphics driver to allow AA and HDR simultaneously, Oblivion does actually have this now so might I suggest (just to test) to rename the PinballArcade.exe to Oblivion.exe and see what happens?

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
So I've had my nVidia control panel settings set like the ones in this thread, and have been experiencing the issue where the anti-aliasing doesn't take effect if post-processing is enabled within the game. I know I've seen this reported, but can't find it right now. I found that with this issue you could actually sit in the menu turning post-processing off/on and see the silver border around the menus become smoother/rougher.

I recently switched from a 1680 x 1050 monitor to a 1920 x 1080 one, though, and the issue is no longer there. I'm not sure if something was changed in a recent build (I'm on .015 right now), but I haven't seen mention of it in the release threads. Just an FYI that maybe there are resolution-dependent issues.

It would still be nice if the game had whatever options or combinations of options it supports in the menus so people don't have to mess with the graphics card control panel.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I have AA working just fine from the nvidia control panel, along with the built in post processing effects. Works well.

But yes, built in AA options would be good.

Built in AO options would be better ;)

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012
Just to chip in, I've recently moved from a 1920x1080 monitor to 2560x1440 and post processing causes aliasing at both resolutions. The flippers are an easy tell.

This is with 8xEQ/4xEQ Super-sampling forced through Radeon Pro. After the resolution bump I run at 4xEQ since the game would strangely drop frames/slow down upon table feature zoom moments - perhaps LOD related?

AMD 7970

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.