Need Guidance Making Executive Decision - To Reinstall Windows or Not

thejake01

Mar 17, 2012
Hello Everyone!

So yesterday I saw the e-mail and was super excited. I have two PCs, it worked fine on the other one (after I gave up on the problem one).

I have a nVidia Quadro FX 3500 in this thing. Is it good enough to run the game?

I get the following error every time I run the game:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Assertion failed!
Program:
File...\..\..\..\..\Libraries\SolurceCPP\PC\PCP...essing.cpp
Line 406

Expression: pSrc Texture && pDsTexture

For more information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ document on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Abort Retry Ignore

I've tried downloading updated Visual C++ Runtime, Windows Updates, every programming runtime I ran into while googling. Steam did have to install Direct X and a couple other things when it initially tried to load it up. Steam says something about verifying initialization every time I login to Windows as well.

I'm on the verge of wiping the thing and reinstalling Windows since this is my living room PC and the optimal place to play this.

I'm at odds with myself though because I don't know if its the video card/the game/Windows. I got this thing off of Craigslist and haven't had any problems with it but I don't know how savvy the guy was that set it up (which he appears to have done a fair amount of).

I'm not afraid to wipe it, I work in IT, I know the ropes.

I just figured before I go all out and run into the same issue I'd run it past you fine folks who might have a better idea on how to read programming-esque errors or know more about specs.

Besides that the specs are
Dell Precision 390
Intel Core 2 duo 6300 @ 1.86GHz
4GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

I have a clean Windows 7 64bit disc that I bought ready to go if you guys agree with my assertion but I don't see anything clear on specs for the card which makes me thing in all likelihood it could be that.

If you made it this far, a big thank you to you for sticking with me, let me know what you think!
-Jake

catkins

Aug 14, 2013
What video card or chipset is in your PC? Do you play other games on it? Perhaps what you have is just not up to running this game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.