PC Beta 0.008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
New Beta vs 0.008 is up on Steam. If you have your steam client open you may need to close and reopen for it to grab the new update.

I mainly wanted to first fix issues that affected people from being able to play at all. So I addressed a few of those in hopes that these changes would fix those problems. Also added some more logging output to help track down issues if they aren't fixed.

Changelist for Version 0.008

- Added some log output to help track some crashes.
- Changed resolution at startup to default to 640x480 to fix some users who are unable to run
- Fixed position and size of fps counter and version number
- Added version number to log output
- Fixed crash on black knight when changing cameras
- Fixed cameras for all tables (were using 3:2 ration instead of 16:9 or 3:4)
- Default post processing to off to see if that fixes users getting this Assert error
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Assertion failed!
Program:
File...\..\..\..\..\Libraries\SolurceCPP\PC\PCP... essing.cpp
Line 406
Expression: pSrc Texture && pDsTexture

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Great, will test when I get home after work tonight (sadly, another 8 hours away).

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Getting a crash to desktop with no message from time to time when exiting a table.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
2560x1600 works fine, thanks for adding this resolution.

The problem is that if I first run it on TV with 1920x1080 resolution, then unplug the TV and make my 30" display the main one again, the game crashes on start and I have to delete configuration to start it and change the resolution back to 2560x1600 which doesn't crash in full screen on this display.

Hope it will be fixed soon.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Didn't fix the issue of the game running way too fast.

Didn't get to work on that yet. Going to be tough to fix since I don't have a 120hz monitor. Going to see if I can find one in our office to try it.

2560x1600 works fine, thanks for adding this resolution.

The problem is that if I first run it on TV with 1920x1080 resolution, then unplug the TV and make my 30" display the main one again, the game crashes on start and I have to delete configuration to start it and change the resolution back to 2560x1600 which doesn't crash in full screen on this display.

Hope it will be fixed soon.

Glad to hear that resolution works...was kinda flying blind on that.

I'm thinking about putting a "setup" app that you can run to set the resolution outside of the game like other PC games I've played have. Hoping that will fix issues like that.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Didn't get to work on that yet. Going to be tough to fix since I don't have a 120hz monitor. Going to see if I can find one in our office to try it.

I'm not sure if this will help, but if you can get a computer weak enought to run the game at 30 fps, then the game should run in slow motion. These issues seem related to each other, and fixing one could fix the other.

PALADiN

Aug 14, 2013

I think I found the root cause for this issue. It's reliant on the FPS that shows in the counter at bottom left. The further away it is from 60 FPS, the faster/slower the game will run.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I tried it on my DAW PC where I have a Nvidia G210 ($25 card) and before turning off Post Processing the frame rate was as low as 10 fsp, and the whole game plus UI is working in slow motion.
Without Post Processing it worked flawlessly at 60 fps on 1680*1050 resolution. So the game is playable on pretty low end systems (without PP on).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.