Is it possible to hide certain forum sections?

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Hi there,

I've had a look and couldn't find any setting for this, but I'd like to hide the PC section currently while the beta is on (at least). When I do a new available posts search, it's full of PC beta bug threads and I'd rather not see pages and pages of those. So is it possible to have forum areas completely turned off on an individual user level?

Cheers

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Just what is the deal anyway? There have been beta threads for the other systems this whole time, but I've never seen anything like this.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
...I'd like to hide the PC section currently while the beta is on (at least). When I do a new available posts search, it's full of PC beta bug threads and I'd rather not see pages and pages of those. So is it possible to have forum areas completely turned off on an individual user level?

Not that I know of, and I'm with ya.

I go to the PC forum and "Mark This Forum Read" under "Forum Tools". Then I can proceed with "New Posts" as usual. It's a few extra taps/clicks, but it works. :)

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
That's a great solution, thanks for the idea. I'll make that part of my process. It won't fix it (quite as easily) when on a mobile device with tapatalk, but general pooter browsing will work fine!

Edit - DeeEff, just a quicky, instead of going into that forum, you can just double click on the PC forum icon from the front page and it will mark as read.. if you're using a web browser. p.s. this is what I was thinking when you said the above then read a bit more clearly what you said :p

Last edited:

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
How can I accomplish this using tapatalk? I to have no desire to see a ton of differnt theads I have no need to read show up. I cleared all those out using the above method and when I went back to tapatalk, there were only 5 unread threads! WTF?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just what is the deal anyway? There have been beta threads for the other systems this whole time, but I've never seen anything like this.

Because the other betas had one thread per beta version. There are too many PC bugs for just one thread, at least for now. Hopefully the number of PC bugs will rapidly or at least steadily decrease so that this won't be an issue for much longer, and then future betas will be handled more like the iOS/Android beta threads, with a single thread for each new beta version. Additionally, after the official release, the PC beta will be private like the iOS beta is now.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Can the mods figure out how to keep those from showing up for those who request it?

Unless it's a feature already built into vBulletin, then it's probably not possible for us to do that.

Clicking "Mark This Forum Read" is the best solution.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012

Not that I know of, and I'm with ya.

I go to the PC forum and "Mark This Forum Read" under "Forum Tools". Then I can proceed with "New Posts" as usual. It's a few extra taps/clicks, but it works. :)

You SIR! are a genius !

N

netizen

Not for people who use tapatalk.

With tapatalk and a few more taps you can clear the forum(s) you don't want to view.

Tap Forums/All on the left, then PC in the selections that appear. Once the PC threads load tap MARK READ at the top of the screen; kind of centre right.

From there you can proceed to Unread or Participated, however you prefer to browse the forum.

Yes it is an extra couple of taps, and a maybe a bit of data, but you were already loading those headers anyway, and now you can quickly get rid of them; Tap, Tap - gone!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Not for people who use tapatalk.

It does work for Tapatalk users.

Goto 'browse' 'platform specific' and long press 'pc' and pick 'mark forum as read'.

All pc items prior to the action above are easily distinguished by being read and can be ignored more easily in the normal 'timeline' thread.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I've never used the all unread feature. I go to the forums that I have interest in and then click on the unread threads that I want to read.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.