Why releasing this game in september?

zoid

Banned
Aug 6, 2013
I had a look at the beta sub-forum, and I don't see how this game could be ready to be released in a few weeks. And by reading what some have said, the graphics of the different tables haven't been polished since their ps3 release. Wouldn't it make more sens to release this game on PC at the same time that the PS4 version get released, and to extend the beta until then?

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Let's not forget that the game is featuring almost nightly beta updates, a lot could change between now and September 1st.

Plus with Steam, once the game is up and ready to go it doesn't require a four week period to switch it on for everyone else.

Edit: Oh, and one last thing, some tables HAVE been polished since the PS3. Genie has much less glare, Black Knight doesn't look anywhere near as muddy, and Pin*Bot is the best looking table I've ever seen on The Pinball Arcade.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I'd pay them retail value now just to get into the beta. :V

Edit: Also, since they seem to be able to do nightly updates to the beta, it makes me pretty optimistic that problems will be fixed quickly upon release and that's a nice thing to think having previously been an Xbox 360 user.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I'm in the PC beta and let me assure you they are fixing and polishing the tables extremely fast. If you were in the beta and were seeing what we beta testers are seeing....you would be equally impressed. I see them making their deadline. It might be close, but my money is on them pulling it off. Several other friends of mine that are also in the beta also feel they are going to pull it off in the schedule they say they will.

We all agreed the speed we are seeing bugs and issues and artwork development improvements being done...is superbly fast and is being done very thoroughly. At first I was thinking this was going to be too much to fix in so little time, but not now. I have total faith in the dev's working on this game. They really have their A game on. :) The beta testers are just leaping on issues too. By the time I go in to report an issue 10 others have already spotted it....so we just end up confirming the bug or issue exists for us too. You will truly enjoy the tables when it comes out. Steam is most definitely the best port of the game. I have played nothing but the beta since I got my beta key. The game is already that good. Sorry I can't say more than it looks great and I think it's on track from what I am seeing.

dach

May 29, 2013
I'm like Ashley: I'd pay retail now to get into the beta. ( I didnt know about TPA when the previous kickstarters where going on ) I am confident the bugs will be squashed in short order and Steam can issue a patch quickly . Any word on how well nudge works?

If there is one major failing with the Kindle Fire HD it's the awkwardness of nudge. Some tables with hungry drains can be a chore.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Any word on how well nudge works?

Nudge works just as well as the consoles, although I think it's a little lenient (might only be that while BETA testing though). Apparently there's a problem with T2's nudge, but that's an isolated problem from the new update that messed up a few things.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.