Favorite video game based table

What is your favorite video game based table?

• Q*Bert's Quest Gottlieb

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Space Invaders Bally

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Defender Williams

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Joust Williams

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Street Fighter II Gottlieb

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Super Mario Bros. Gottlieb

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World Gottlieb

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Which video game based table are your favorites? Mine is probably Space Invaders, from the ones I have played. Joust sounds especially interesting with the 2p versus play.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I've only played SFII in real life and it was alright. Nothing too special, but still fun from what I remember.

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
Joust. Bar none. While I haven't played Defender yet or a good Q*Bert, I can't get enough of Vs. head to head pinball. I wish more companies did two player tables. Every year I go to PAPA there's always a crowd around the Joust machine (when it works) and people keep pumping money into it. If you got something like that in a bar you'd make some good money.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Man, looking at pics on ipdb, it would perfect on an iPad with 2 players (sitting across from each other of course, just like the real table). That would be absolutely incredible to see in TPA.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Doh. I forgot Mr. and Mrs. Pac-Man. That's one I like quite a bit. Probably one of the first pins with a mini game too.

I liked Q*Bert's Quest when I played it, but after watching a video, it looks like you can keep the ball in play for a long time if you are good at nudging and get used to the odd arrangement of bottom flippers.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Banned
May 1, 2012
Doh. I forgot Mr. and Mrs. Pac-Man. That's one I like quite a bit. Probably one of the first pins with a mini game too.

I liked Q*Bert's Quest when I played it, but after watching a video, it looks like you can keep the ball in play for a long time if you are good at nudging and get used to the odd arrangement of bottom flippers.

Baby Pac Man... sadly omitted.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Paul Faris just flat out stealing the look for the Space Invaders pin from Alien & H.R. Giger, and killing it with the art package = easily the coolest of these.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Love the art of Space Invaders but never liked the game that much.

Defender is (for its time) a fantastic pin. Really frantic and challenging, much like the video game. Quite possibly my favourite Williams early-SS game. Shame they only made something like 300 of them.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Love the art of Space Invaders but never liked the game that much.

Was going to say exactly that. It looks awesome, but I hated every second that I played it.
Joust looks awesome. It could be a cool iPad game, but I can't see it working on any other platform.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Man, looking at pics on ipdb, it would perfect on an iPad with 2 players (sitting across from each other of course, just like the real table). That would be absolutely incredible to see in TPA.

Seriously, this needs to happen, it would be great to have this in TPA for the novelty alone. Looks like a lot more fun than Pong.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Defender is my all-time favourite arcade game, but I didn't even know there was a pinball version until the last year or two, so obviously I'd have to have that.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts