Beta Vs 0.009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Posted a new beta version.

Change list for Version 0.009

- Fixed crash when exiting a table back to main menu.
- Fixed frame rate by locking to 60 (Does not fix if table ran too slow before)
- Added Flight 2000 and Goin Nuts
- Explore camera works in coin door now. Use Explore cam before going into coin door.
- Pause when game loses focus
- Fixed issue with HUD being dark

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
FYI to the group -for me to force update, I had to go to Task Manager and kill the Steam bootstrap process after logging out of Steam. Then, just re-launch Steam and the update applies...

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Closing Steam and reopening usually causes it to download the latest. The download is fairly small cause steam compares bytes from one build to another and only downloads what changed.

Version number shows in the lower right corner. You can also open Log.txt where the build is installed under Steam. For most people that is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade

The very first line should tell you the version number.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
@Mike

What exactly is post processing doing, is it HDR? I think we need an ingame Aniso and Antialiasing setting for the two to get along harmoniously.

Last edited:

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012
Something's changed in the table selection menu from .8 to .9. It always 'blinked' when scrolling between each table but now there is a considerable delay which makes it much more noticeable. I.e. the screen flashes black when scrolling between each table in the menu.

specimn

Aug 14, 2013
Something's changed in the table selection menu from .8 to .9. It always 'blinked' when scrolling between each table but now there is a considerable delay which makes it much more noticeable. I.e. the screen flashes black when scrolling between each table in the menu.
Same here.

R

Rhandos

Same here, very noticable already in .008. The game should preload at least the visuals (background, table image, thumbnail) before entering table select. The music can be loaded later if necessary.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
@Mike

What exactly is post processing doing, is it HDR? I think we need an ingame Aniso and Antialiasing setting for the two to get along harmoniously.

HDR in this case.

I think it was my fps fix that caused the "blink" to be longer. I plan to fix this, but it's just lower priority than crash bugs right now.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I tried tricking the ATI driver into using the oblivion application profile but it makes absolutely no difference, AA and HDR don't want to play nice.

I hope you can sort something out because I love the lighting HDR gives but I hate the jaggies.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm not that enthusiastic about the HDR lighting, to be honest. It doesn't look bad, but I think the colours are exaggerated enough (too much, IMO) and the HDR exacerbates that a little.

Some SweetFX to mute the colours prior to HDR (and the lower-resolution output) looks fantastic for most tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts