Art - Ball reflection and Flippers

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, this is an odd one. First, this stuff...

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Screen: Windowed and Full
Res: 1920 x 1080

Frequency: 100%

In view angle 4 it is really noticeable, but it is also present in all angles but much harder to see. It is present in all tables, but really noticeable in Centaur do to the flippers that don't seem to be in the right perspective? Check it out...

554997_552906808079508_1066706410_n.jpg

The ball reflection goes right through the flipper! That's a neat trick.

I'd also like to point out though that their is something off with the look of the flippers on Centaur. They look flattened and as if they are not in the same perspective as the rest of the table. It looks this way in all 4 views and is unlike any other table. So the ball reflection is visible even more than on others, which is why it stood out to me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I looked at our real table, and I think the flippers are a little shorter (height wise) than the real table.

That's why it kinda surprised me, as shouldn't they be the same standard 3" flippers as every other machine? I still think the perspective on them also does not match the perspective of the ball guide leading right up to them.

Whaddya make of the ball reflection? Not present on PS3, but I can see it on many tables on PC. Especially in view 4.

Last edited:

luxmatic

May 20, 2012
Ball Reflection - appears behind flipper

OS Version: Windows 8
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 555m
Ram: 8GB
Version: 0.10.0
Display Mode:Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1680x1050

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: Ball's reflection should not be seen behind flipper
Actual Result:

Comment: Cradle a ball with flipper. Note that the edge of the ball's reflection can be seen behind the flipper.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Merged threads. Please search the PC beta forum for previously-reported bugs and add your report to an existing thread if you find one.

luxmatic

May 20, 2012
Merged threads. Please search the PC beta forum for previously-reported bugs and add your report to an existing thread if you find one.

To be fair (to myself), I did search but my terms didn't match. Plus - this thread isn't prefixed/labeled as "bug", so I didn't check it when looking through the 5 pages currently in the forum.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That was more intended as a general comment to the testers, not directed at you personally. Thank you for searching first, even if you didn't find the matching thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.