Beta Vs 0.010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Beta version 0.010 is up now. Most likely there won't be any build updates over the weekend. Feel free to keep submitting bugs though.

Changelist for Version 0.010

- Fixed missing HUD(s)
- Added 1366x768 resolution
- Fixed goals dialog in main menu
- Fixed keyboard flipper buttons (default shift keys) not working on enter initials screens
- Fixed environment mapping on the ball
- Fixed ST:TNG Turrets
- Fixed TZ Clock
- Fixed display on backglass on Flight 2000, Shuttle, PinBot, Centaur, Whirlwind

Add:
If you are experiencing crashes on startup, please delete your save file. "C:\Users\UserID\My Games\Pinball Arcade" . When I added in a new resolution yesterday it shifted the index values for them all, so it messes up which one you had set. It's possible it set it to a resolution your monitor doesn't support.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Just trickled in now, I love how easy Steam updates are! Didn't even need a restart hehe.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Just trickled in now, I love how easy Steam updates are! Didn't even need a restart hehe.

My favorite part is the "difference update" I updated 6 resources, which would have been like 500 mb download on other plaforms, and on Steam it's 23mb

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Looks like this update reset my resolution from 1680 x 1050 back to the default (lowest one; like 640 x 480 or something).

It was different than the first time I loaded the game, though, because this time the menu items were squished together and cropped more. I couldn't even see the resolution numbers in the settings screen in order to change it back properly. I could only see the first two digits (so I picked one that started with "16" and that got me close enough where I could then see enough to pick the right one).

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
Resolution was reset for me too, looks like the index of the resolution is stored in the settings file and as the new one was added, the modes have shifted. Because of the full screen crash issue I had to delete the settings again to start the game.

Also noticed that vibration no longer works on 360 controller.

And the game runs 8 FPS with my customized AA/filtering settings, beta 9 was stable 60. Had to lower AA settings to make it smooth again.

Last edited:

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Beta version 0.010 is up now. Most likely there won't be any build updates over the weekend. Feel free to keep submitting bugs though.
- Fixed goals dialog in main menu
I'm curious as to what you mean by this, because goals still don't show up for me (at the table select menu) and there's still no visual cue for moving the controller to the right and selecting table goals.

Unless this is another bug by me not using post-processing <_<

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
I'm curious as to what you mean by this, because goals still don't show up for me (at the table select menu) and there's still no visual cue for moving the controller to the right and selecting table goals.

Unless this is another bug by me not using post-processing <_<

Same. The stars do not seem to be any different on tables on which I have goals completed. (I have not completed any new ones since the update, though...)

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Post processing still makes everything look gash, is this likely to be one of those things that can't be fixed so we have to choose between being able to read the inserts or enjoy the lightshow? :(

Might as well not play CV without the neon blinding you.

BadgerDeluxe

FarSight Employee
Aug 14, 2013
Same. The stars do not seem to be any different on tables on which I have goals completed. (I have not completed any new ones since the update, though...)

Bug seems to be remaining for me as well. Looking into it.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I noticed the "Resuming Game...3..2..1" countdown is in now after unpausing a game.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Resolution was reset for me too, looks like the index of the resolution is stored in the settings file and as the new one was added, the modes have shifted. Because of the full screen crash issue I had to delete the settings again to start the game.

Also noticed that vibration no longer works on 360 controller.

And the game runs 8 FPS with my customized AA/filtering settings, beta 9 was stable 60. Had to lower AA settings to make it smooth again.
I never had vibration working on my controller in the first place :/ 360 wired or wireless?

stevezodiac

Aug 14, 2013
Oh dear! This version will not load on my pc, I've reinstalled, verified files and steam say's there are a couple of faulty files which it will update but it doesn't :(

GeForce GTX 555
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHZ
Memory 7.9 GB
Driver version 320.49
Microsoft windows 8 pro

KingNeptune

Feb 8, 2013
UPDATED: This was resolved by deleting the C:\Users\UserID\My Games\Pinball Arcade folder

OS Version: Windows 8
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 580
Ram: 16GB
Version #:0.010 - never get into game to see screen. Perhaps include Product or File version in the project's assembly info so the exe is tagged properly.
Display Mode: Default
Display Resolution: 1920x1200 dual monitor

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Game doesn't launch - exits silently as of this new beta. Tried uninstall/reinstall.

LOG.TXT
vs 0.010
Main Start
Init Steam
Init Achievements
Init Heap
Largest Memory Chunk = 663207936
Alloc Resource Heap
Init Resource Heap
Success
Alloc Object Heap
Init Object Heap
Success
Alloc Lua Heap
Init Lua Heap
Success
Alloc STL Heap
Init STL Heap
Success
DebugLine: FILE - Source\SavingLoading.cpp, LINE - 150

Init Game
IMemoryInterface - Allocate
IMemoryInterface - InitHeap
DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\Source\Resource\Resource.c, LINE - 1564

DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PinballFramework\Williams\LegacyFunctions.cpp, LINE - 531

Set display mode
Resolution = 640x480
PixelFormat = 0
DepthFormat = 0
StencilBits = 0
Failed!!!
DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PC\PCApp.cpp, LINE - 304

DebugLine: FILE - ..\..\..\..\Libraries\SourceCPP\PinballFramework\Williams\LegacyFunctions.cpp, LINE - 531

Last edited:
R

Rhandos

Post processing still makes everything look gash, is this likely to be one of those things that can't be fixed so we have to choose between being able to read the inserts or enjoy the lightshow? :(

Might as well not play CV without the neon blinding you.
I like the blinding lightshow... :eek:

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
.010 does not start on a win xp 32bit sp2 machine. I get an /IMemor...ace.cpp line 11 expression: mData error from MS VisualC++

(Posted this earlier, but the solution here didn't help either, so I decided to repost...)

Is there a minimum config readme kinda thing somewhere? I have plenty of machines to test it on... :)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
When I added in a new resolution, it shifted the index for the resolutions in your save file which seems to have caused crashes for some. Deleting your save file will fix it.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The goal screen was working for me yesterday (check marks were a little off so I corrected that). I'll look into it more on Monday when I get back to the office.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Now i know this is a beta release but will the retail version use your higher res assets?? This is at 2560x1440......

i4EJohYu2yBrj.jpg

http://i5.minus.com/i4EJohYu2yBrj.jpg

At this res the playfield should be super sharp, just look at the text on the instructions below the flippers they should be pin sharp but there not. I think i remember reading that when FS build a table they use stupid high resolutions for the texture but then downscale to 720p for the consoles which is what im guessing this beta version is using?. Please tell me that the retail PC version will not be using these 720p textures but the super high ones that you used originally??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts