What Licenses Would You Most Like to See Made into a Pinball Table?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
What licenses would you most like to see, or do you think would make the best table. For me, that would definitely be Harry Potter. There are so many great characters, and so much stuff that could be translated to the table, it's surprising it hasn't been done yet. Then again maybe it has, but licensing issues prevented it from happening, but if that is the case, I haven't heard about it.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I'm surprised there wasn't a machine based on Rambo. That would make an awesome pinball. Other licenses that I'm surprised don't have a pinball are 60s Batman, Batman Returns, Die Hard, Wonder Woman, House M.D. (CSI and 24 got machines), X-Men, NCIS, The Neverending Story, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Muppets (the characters), Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Top Gun, Naked Gun, Futurama, and American Dad. I wouldn't mind seeing tables based on Slayers (anime), G.I. Joe, Cowboy Bebop (anime), and Gun x Sword (anime), as well as those others.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
This is an awesome and really thought provoking thread! I like a lot of your ideas, Brian and Harry Potter lends itself well and would have great potential.

I definitely think there are lots of good cartoons and comics that lend themselves to a good machine. Smurfs would be one (Mushroom bumpers! Gargamel House). Voltron and Thundercats would be cool. Toy Story would probably be outrageously good. I also have always thought about video games as source material. Have to go with Legend of Zelda and Metroid (Which already has a digital pinball version). Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest would have potential as well in Japan at least. A few other good ones might be Castlevania, Gradius, and Mega Man. I could especially imagine Mega Man having a target to activate a certain weapon and use it against specific areas of the table since that game has always had a rock, paper scissors sort of concept.

For movies, those tend to be way overdone but Matrix had potential at one point and Total Recall could be badass. Probably don't need Snakes on a Pinball Machine or Napoleon Dynamite though.

Based on personal interests I would love something with a tribute to guitars and rock music in general.

I am glad that there is not a Facebook: the pinball. I don't want to accept friend requests by shooting the ramp and getting likes on my status by hitting drop targets. They actually have things they could do with that theme but UGH!!! I'm also surprised that there hasn't been a zombie or Twilight themed game. Both have been done to death in everything else. Obviously vampires have fared well over the years in pinball. A zombie game has more potential due to nothing having really been previously done with it.

Im glad we don't have

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The more I think about it the more I come up with. The 80's is a goldmine. Robocop would be cool. Michael Jackson had plenty of sweet videos that could be inspirational. A Poltergeist table with haunted effects would be awesome. Jaws and Gremlins would be great. The Goonies is another. Too many cool ideas.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Being a huge Stanley Kubrick fan, I see a lot of potential for a 2001: A Space Odyssey themed table. The monolith, the red eye of HAL (coupled with creepy commentary), the overall space theme... I can only imagine the possibilities of such a table. If one has already been made, let me know, I shall mount a quest to find it.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Being a huge Stanley Kubrick fan, I see a lot of potential for a 2001: A Space Odyssey themed table. The monolith, the red eye of HAL (coupled with creepy commentary), the overall space theme... I can only imagine the possibilities of such a table. If one has already been made, let me know, I shall mount a quest to find it.

Space Station was the semi-sequel to Space Shuttle and it had a couple things that reminded me of 2001 but that's as close as it gets.

Alien would be badass too!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Stern made Elvis, Rolling Stones, and now AC/DC. Jimi would be the perfect fit! Aliens would be good too, and with Prometheus (a new story set in the Aliens universe) coming out, there's a chance we may see a table based on it.
It's doubtful a 2001 machine had ever been made, since Stanley Kubrick was very protective of the artistic integrity of his films, and would probably view such commercialization as vulgar. That said, I would have loved to see a Dr. Strangelove table. So many great lines and set pieces, and the film's story - trying to stop nuclear bombers before they reach their destination, is a great concept for a pinball machine. I even know what they'd call the Wizard Mode - NUCLEAR MULTIBALL!!!!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
@jeff - Hendrix could be the most awesome and trippy table ever. He had such great visual imagery in his lyrics!
@richard b- no fighting in here! This is the war room! Prometheus looks awesome so here is hoping for an alien table of some sort!
@brian - wasn't aware of the robocop game. They need to redo it right so it is memorable.

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
Total Recall did in fact have a prototype machine. It was going to be a head to head Vs. pin like Joust.

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=total+recall&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Aliens/ or use Prometheus since that's coming out
Harry Potter (JK said no, but it'd be awesome like TOM)
Futurama
Ghostbusters
The Goonies
Dragon's Lair (It's been everything else, why not a pinball machine?)
The Beatles (The VR Pinball table looked amazing!)

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I wonder why a Sonic the Hedgehog pinball was never made by SEGA pinball. It would have been a shoe in for sales and it's a good theme for pinball to boot. Sonic was on the DMD on some of the SEGA pinballs, though.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Harry Potter (JK said no, but it'd be awesome like TOM)

So, someone did approach her? Strange she wouldn't allow a pin to use her beloved property, but she apparently had no problem with EA making a bunch of crappy console games out of it.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
There's a Total Recall remake coming out the end of May, though this stars Colin Farrel, not Schwarzenegger, and takes place on Earth, not Mars. There's also another Robocop, tentatively scheduled for August 9, 2013. If either are successful enough, they may get the pinball treatment.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I would love to see real tables based on Thor and Captain America, though the Pinball FX 2 tables are awesome. Fantastic 4 would make a nice real table too (and I like the Pinball FX2 table of that, as well). I hope Stern makes a pinball based on the Avengers movie.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I would like to see a pinball machine from The Final Destination movies, Scooby Doo, Die Hard ( i talked to John Borg and said since theirs a Die Hard movie coming next year, i think the series would make a great pinball machine. He said he would love to make it and that he will put it on the list of game ideas and see what happens, he said you never know)2012, and any other ideas they can think of.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
An Evil Dead or Braindead table with a toy lawnmower would be great. So would be other ones based on splatter/horror movies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.