OS Version: Windows 8
Graphics Card: Radeon 7950
Ram: 8GB
Version: 0.10.0
Display Mode:Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1680x1050

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: Back key should be accessible by keyboard arrows
Actual Result: Back key can't be accessed with keyboard.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
I was also confused by this at first. You don't actually select the on-screen buttons with the keyboard. Rather, pushing the menu select key (Enter by default) is like clicking the "Select" button, while pushing the menu backout key (Backspace by default) is like clicking the "Back" button.

I was expecting Esc to back out like it does in most games. It wasn't until I went in to the control re-mapping screen that I found out about the Backspace key. I tried to re-map this command, but hit a bug that prevents that.

What makes it a little more confusing/inconsistent is that on some screens, you can actually use the arrows to move the current selection onto one of the on-screen buttons and then select it with Enter. I'm thinking of the attract mode screen for a specific table where it starts on "play" in the middle but you can get to Table Options by hitting right arrow, then Enter. Now, these are bigger buttons and that screen still has the smaller, unselectable "back" button in the lower left, so it does make sense if you think about it.

I guess my main recommendation might be to make the menu backout key Esc by default instead of Backspace. I'm not sure what to do about the slightly confusing inconsistency between similar-looking on-screen buttons.

luxmatic

May 20, 2012
I think that's a good suggestion as well. For consistency, though, the buttons should always be focus-able via obvious keyboard input: arrow keys, tab, or shift-tab. As in, it is very confusing to show 3 buttons on a screen (no matter what they are), and only two of them can be selected with the arrow keys.

JavaJack

Jun 25, 2012
Agreed. Now that I'm aware of backspace, I use it, but it's not really discoverable unless you go into the depths of the key remapping screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.