How will the PS4 version differ from the PS3?

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
With Gamescom in full swing and the release of the PS4 only 3 months away I’d really like to know what the differences will be between the PS4 and PS3 version apart from the improved graphics. Will the physics engine get an update as well? Will the PS4 see some long awaited bug fixes?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
To quote one of my favorite movies "but this one is one higher, isn't it?" :D

FS has hinted at higher resolution, better lighting, better physics and generally a better table overall. It would be nice to see some HD video of the game play of the new version.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
To quote one of my favorite movies "but this one is one higher, isn't it?" :-D
eleven%20tufnel.gif

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks Brakel, I missed that bit of news. If the tables will all be improved it will be interesting to see which ones will be available from day 1.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Insanely improved graphics. Have you seen the CV screen shot in the newsletter? That alone is worth the upgrade.

Newest, up-to-date and improved builds of the games.

Those are the main two.

And most likely, hopefully, no more flipper lag.

These are the expected improvements and reasons to upgrade.

Stuff like a lighting slider or other improvements are yet to be seen.

Longi

May 30, 2013
I hope that FS will build in a portrait mode!
Better physics & graphics would be nice but its the same gameplay without a portrait view like on mobile devices.
Please FS dont make the same mistake :confused:

Spike Forehand

May 14, 2013
Would really like to see some better options for playing with friends, such as setting up private tournaments or challenges, if not outright multiplayer capability.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I hope that FS will build in a portrait mode!
Better physics & graphics would be nice but its the same gameplay without a portrait view like on mobile devices.
Please FS dont make the same mistake :confused:

I third this. I miss the multiplayer setup from the Williams Collection. That, and the Williams Challenge.

I hope the improved version of Bride of Pinbot gives a good representation of the light show that table has, and without zooming in to her face.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
According to their Facebook page, the PS4 version will have an option to turn off the room lights.

Maybe that's why they've put in all those icky fake lights floating over the inserts? In that case, maybe (if they haven't taken those out entirely, which I'm still hoping for!) the spotlights over the inserts turn off when you leave the room lights on.

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
I hope that Black Knight looks pretty. The current PS3 table is still pretty much unplayable right, or have they fixed all the bugs?

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
According to their Facebook page, the PS4 version will have an option to turn off the room lights.

Maybe that's why they've put in all those icky fake lights floating over the inserts? In that case, maybe (if they haven't taken those out entirely, which I'm still hoping for!) the spotlights over the inserts turn off when you leave the room lights on.

I stopped reading their FB page a long time ago due to all the trolls so I missed this bit of news. Hey TPA how about posting news like this on this forum?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'd actually prefer that they take their time and get the tables right. I was worried when it was thought they might try to get all of them done in time.

Longi

May 30, 2013
So better graphics and physics are confirmed on expo.
Additionally any news about a portrait view?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Additionally any news about a portrait view?

There's no option for it in the menu. They are working on cabinet support. They had a cabinet demonstration at the expo. It was running on the PC version only. I think they just got the cabinet. It still needs some work.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

A video posted on another thread about the PS4 version at the pinball expo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=640286455992418

Right size for the flippers and balls. Everything (actually what we can see) seems better than the PS3 version (except the weird dark area in the middle of the table...).

I hope the megapatch will bring some enhancements... :/

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.