Beta Vs 0.012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
New version is up.

Version 0.012
- Frame rate lock to 60fps only during table play.
- Fixed controls on table select and main menu so you can access all buttons by using keyboard.
- Changed login, exit and table goals buttons to pulse so you could see they were highlighted.
- Fixed table logo on pro menu
- Partial implementation of FarSight Login. This screen artwork is temporary.
- T2 added for kickstarter backers who backed at Beta level ($300 or more and chose PC). To access log in to your farsight account using the login button the main menu.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Might as well copy and paste it over here because it's relevent here >_>

Mine starts fine, just a few problems I've encountered:

1) The back button is super inconsistent on an xbox 360 controller. It seems to allow me to go backwards from the options menu, but once I click on an actual table I have to use the mouse to go back.
2) Farsight login gives a message box to confirm that it's logged in, unfortunately this doesn't display in the window itself, so switching out of the program to press OK and then switching back ends up crashing the game (or breaking the display until starting again)

EDIT: other than that things seem fine, the black frame at the table select menu has been greatly reduced.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Same issues here.... I flushed out my config files and now the A button works at the beginning but will not work on the Info screen when launching the table or the table itself.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Did more testing, basically it works fine on the main screen and table select, but from there on the buttons do nothing. If you pause the game you have to use the mouse to select what you want to choose (because the A button doesn't work) but strangely enough, despite all this there's no problem with the button plungers or the actual game controls themselves when playing on a table.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
Anyone having problems logging in? I type Email and Password and press Login and nothing happens.. thanks

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Anyone having problems logging in? I type Email and Password and press Login and nothing happens.. thanks

that happened to me. Right after you click login immediately hit the enter key on your keyboard. Looks like behind TPA there's a prompt that says "Login Complete" that you have to enter to continue. For whatever reason it only shows up behind TPA for me. You can see it if you Alt+Tab but then TPA goes blackscreen and doesn't recover.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I can't get into my account, either in windowed or fullscreen. While in windowed, I press OK on the "Login Complete." and it doesn't log me in.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I noticed that the FPS counter stopped changing after a couple of seconds. The I hit escapr and could go back in the menues,. The login button still said login, but T2 was visible in the list.
Btw, T2 is awesome :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Will we be able to compare scores with Steam friends, similar to the way the leaderboard friends tab works on Xbox Live?

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I've noticed a couple of bugs since this build;

Not sure if it's just Creature of the Black Lagoon or any table but I couldn't put my initials for a score with a 360 controller. I also tried hitting enter or spacebar on the keyboard and that wouldn't save a letter either. The only thing that worked was clicking with the mouse, then the cursor would move forward allowing me to put in my initials.

I also noticed that the controller is ignored when trying to back out of certain menus.

Not sure if these have been reported before, but I had a few minutes tonight and thought I'd share my experience.

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
Seems the Xbox controller buttons only work up to the table selection screen and when actually playing the table. Once you select a table the buttons don't work. "A" wont allow you to make a selection; even though the button pressed sound is played. The buttons (at least those you might use during play) work during play.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I only partially got the login to work. Right now it's only used to give T2 backers access to the table.

Next week I'm hoping to clean it up and make it work properly with leaderboards. I also want to fix the issues with full screen.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I can't get into my account, either in windowed or fullscreen. While in windowed, I press OK on the "Login Complete." and it doesn't log me in.

I can't get into my account either. I'm trying to access the T2 table since I qualify for the KS reward.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I only partially got the login to work. Right now it's only used to give T2 backers access to the table.

Mike, I'm entering my login info and I don't see the T2 table. Should I just email FS?

Also, I'm using widowed mode because that's the only way I can see the "login completed" pop-up box. Actually, I just tried again and realize now that the "login completed box" says error in the top bar.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
What happens when you type in your login/password and click on the login button (use mouse)

Sorry, it looks like we are cross-posting.

Pop-up window: title bar is "error", info says "login completed" and the only option is to click "ok".

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
The error at the top was a mistake. I noticed it after I posted the build. Forgot to set it to something other than error. I would suggest emailing support. Support handles all the emails from kickstarter.

Unfortunately I'm at home so I can't look into much. I going to try to get into the office on sunday for a few hours, if your still having trouble I'll look into it. Send me a PM with your farsight login email.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Sorry, it looks like we are cross-posting.

Pop-up window: title bar is "error", info says "login completed" and the only option is to click "ok".

It's sounds like you are logged in fine (that's the dialog you should see). It's probably an issue with the entitlement on the server not set for your email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts