PS4 Cirqus Voltaire Screenshot

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Wow! Lighting looks great. Cant wait for the PS4 version!

33bjpsg.jpg

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I agree looks bloody great !!!! I said the other day I`m trading my xbox360 in, I`m going to trade my ps3 as well !!!:rolleyes:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
33bjpsg.png

Anyone else see anything weird in the circled areas? It almost looks like the lights are shining down upon the table instead of up from it. Why do they light up so much of the playfield around them?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I saw those as being spotlights. Of course, in a real arcade, those lights would be major glare spots on the glass.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
33bjpsg.png

Anyone else see anything weird in the circled areas? It almost looks like the lights are shining down upon the table instead of up from it. Why do they light up so much of the playfield around them?
Funny, those exact spots bothered me too. No idea what that pink spot would be...
I started to look for a picture of a real table but gave up when autocorrect had me googling Cirque du Soleil
Wish they would just give lighting options and not add phoney lights. That can't be right.
Other than that though...wow.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Of course not. Nobody in their right mind would light a table in that way.

What do you mean exactly?

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't see your earlier post about it being a spotlight....yeah, that just looks silly if that's what it is. No one would put a spotlight directly above a pin like that, which is why I assumed it was coming from the table lights themselves, which also looks silly. Either way, it just looks weird.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I mean, nobody would have a spot light shining directly over a table like that IRL. The glare would be awful. It would also ruin the effect of the Neon Multiball mode.

Exactly. Sorry, I didn't see your earlier post about the spotlight (see my edit).

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's like on first look, you get excited. And then you see the same WTF? lighting mistakes that plague so many tables. I'm glad it's not just me, coming from a camera background, that is seeing this. I can almost forgive the spotlight in the middle, but that pink in the corner left is just so random.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah actually that bright spotlight in the middle is kinda bugging me, come to think of it. I don't mind that pink light down in the corner so much, although it does seem a little out of place.

What struck me as odd before those things was the highlight of the cast light on the two outlane lights down on the lower right side--like there's a bright spot just below and to the right of the lights, as though the thing actually casting the light isn't centered properly on the bulbs. Then again another big difference in the PS4 version is that all these lights will be animating, so it won't be like we're stuck staring at a weird fixed highlight all the time like we are in the PS3 version. Except maybe that big weird central spotlight, since that doesn't seem particularly attached to an actual table light. : P

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
33bjpsg.png

It looks gorgeous.

That spot you circled in the middle... So colorful.

You're asking me what's going on? Not sure. Over the top lighting, but I love it.

These are next gen lighting so it's hard to say what's happening until we see it in motion.

Members online

Members online