PS3 - Request 5.1 Surround Sound

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet so, please, direct me if it has been done. My PS3 is connected by HDMI through a Marantz receiver for the audio and then outputted to the TV for the video. While playing The Pinball Arcade my receiver indicates that it's getting a 5.1 signal from the PS3 but the game is only in stereo. I have two requests.

1. Incorporate 5.1 surround into the game or...
2. Instruct the PS3 to output as two channel stereo so I can use my receiver's virtual surround options. They won't work properly because the PS3 is outputting in 5.1.

However, if someone knows an easy workaround to use my virtual surround please let me know.

Thanks

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
When you play pinball all of the sound is coming from the table in front of you. What would you put in the surround channels?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, this wouldn't really work, as pinball tables have a maximum of 2 speakers on them, providing stereo sound. I'm not sure how 5.1 would work, since they'd have to code different sounds to speakers that don't exist.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Thanks for the responses. I understand that many wouldn't care for surround and it would be more work to implement. I just wish Farsight would then use code to instruct the PS3 to output as two channel so some could have the option.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.