Feb 28, 2012
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: ATI RADEON HD 5800
Ram: 6GB
Version 0.012
Display Mode: Full Screen, Post processing on and off
Display Resolution: 1920x1200

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: High-res assets for UI and tables, anti-aliasing on gameplay elements
Actual Result: None of these

I'm hoping that the game is going to end up looking a lot better that it does currently and that the focus for the beta is the general mechanics. However, just in case I'm wrong and this is the visual fidelity we can expect, I just want to register my disappointment. I keep thinking each build is going to fix the issue, whether post processing-related or a problem with certain types of video cards. I've seen the threads on how to force settings through ATI and NVIDIA control panels, but that shouldn't be necessary with the final product, right?

I'm assuming the polish that will make it gleam (or at least look as good as Pinball FX2's tables) is coming, but you know what they say about assuming.

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
I'm hoping we will get higher resolution textures for the PC one especially with the PS4 version coming. Most PC today shouldn't have problems handling higher textures.

I will offer a suggestion though for Radeon users. I found using "Radeon Pro" I can force anti-aliasing on Pinball Arcade without the need to turn on post processing. I don't know if turning on anti-aliasing in the Catalyst control panel does the same thing; but "Radeon Pro" is a good way to target it (and another game) directly for the settings you want

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Some work definitely needs to be done at least with the menu. Those buttons at the start up screen look unpleasantly plain, like they've been done with MS Paint or something. And the screen going black for a fraction of a second as you navigate from table to table is a bit awkward.

These things could leave a bit of a "Meh..." impression on newcomers and really should be fixed before the game is out.

marksalot

Aug 16, 2013
If I turn off post-processing and force all the anti-aliasing options to maximum in the nVidia control panel the game looks amazing and runs at a solid 60FPS on my 5+ year old system.

The devs need to:
1. Provide anti-aliasing options.
2. Improve initial settings to leverage available hardware.
3. Improve resolution of the "post processing" effects

Here are my settings for the nVidia control panel:
2zghoqp.png

OS Version: Windows 8
Graphics Card: nVidia 9600GT
Processor: Athlon 64 X2 4600+
Ram: 2GB
Version 0.014
Display Mode: Full Screen, Post processing on and off
Display Resolution: 1280x1024

Members online

No members online now.