So excited for the PC STEAM release!! Just purchased a new monitor for THIS GAME!

Damon0306

Aug 10, 2013
I can't wait for the STEAM release of the PINBALL ARCADE!!!

I haven't gamed on my laptop for a LONG LONG time, it's been around 6-months.

I have been playing the Pinball Arcade on my IPad-MINI, and cannot wait to see it on my 21 HD monitor at 1080p on my PC.

Just purchased Terminator 2, I never played this table in person, AHH it's OK, but I cannot see what all the hype was about, one thing for SURE it's a FAST table.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Hey Damon, welcome to the forum! Make yourself feel comfortable; I'm sure you will enjoy the PC version as much as we do.

I hope your laptop is good enough for TPA; is it a gaming laptop? If so, then you're good to go. :)

Terminator 2 IS fast, but not as fast as PAPA-style.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Wiz45b and I are playing nearly nothing else on Steam lately. The Steam version is beyond addictive. Look me up on Steam, and add me to your friends. I go by Tigershark1968 in Steam. PinballWiz45b goes by his name in here. Happy gaming.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Wiz45b and I are playing nearly nothing else on Steam lately. The Steam version is beyond addictive. Look me up on Steam, and add me to your friends. I go by Tigershark1968 in Steam. PinballWiz45b goes by his name in here. Happy gaming.

I'll probably need to do some upgrades on my desktop to get this game. Just found out that my laptop exceeds every requirement except that darned Intel mobile family chip set series 4 GPU (wish I knew then what I know now when buying the laptop). Anyway, if all works out, Rehtroboi37 will be all in.

Damon0306

Aug 10, 2013
Ya it's and Alienware M17-RX3 (last years model) Windows 7 (64-bit) 8GB RAM and a mobile AMD Radeon 6970M (2GB). The processor is a Core i7 2820QM 2.3GHZ.

Only reason I purchased the laptop was for Half Life 2 DEATHMATCH, but finally after playing it for YEARS I have become burned out. Or maybe with my age I lost interest in gaming, but NEVER PINBALL!!!

Last edited:

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Only reason I purchased the laptop was for Half Life 2 DEATHMATCH, but finally after playing it for YEARS I have become burned out.

I haven't played it in a while, but google around for the SMOD add-on for Half Life 2. It totally breathes new life into the game. Heck, it even makes the single player levels worth playing over again.

Damon0306

Aug 10, 2013
Thanks I will check out the mod, because I really loved that game, I started playing it the DAY it was released, because I played Half Life 1 DEATHMATCH the day that was released.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
A monitor is all? I purchased a Virtuapin mini cabinet for THIS GAME. Hopefully you will be able to turn that monitor sideways in the future.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Do we know pricing yet?

Specifically, I bought the kindle and ps3 season packs 1 & 2 (and looking forward to season 3), do I get any break, and should I start getting info together to email FS?

Is there any hope for a unified (discounted :p ) season pass purchase?

I want to make sure the old debit card is ready ;) I tried searching for current info but not having much luck.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Do we know pricing yet?

Specifically, I bought the kindle and ps3 season packs 1 & 2 (and looking forward to season 3), do I get any break, and should I start getting info together to email FS?

Is there any hope for a unified (discounted :p ) season pass purchase?

I want to make sure the old debit card is ready ;) I tried searching for current info but not having much luck.

Pricing is same as Mobile.

29.99 for Season packs
39.99 for Pro Season Packs
4.99 for Table Packs
7.99 for Pro Table Packs
3.99 for Pro Upgrades
Ripleys, Theater and Black Hole are 8.99
Tales Pro is free.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
Once again, and it's been a while, I'm truly hopeful that we're looking at a release for the game very soon. It's not like I didn't think they were working on it, beta after beta proved that the game was certainly in development, but it just kept hitting obstacles. Now I just have to wonder if I'll own it in time for some Halloween fun. :)

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Pricing is same as Mobile.

29.99 for Season packs
39.99 for Pro Season Packs
4.99 for Table Packs
7.99 for Pro Table Packs
3.99 for Pro Upgrades
Ripleys, Theater and Black Hole are 8.99
Tales Pro is free.

Please forgive me if this has been answered before. I'm not familliar with Steam.

Will purchasing the PC version on Steam qualify for the eventual cabinet capable version?

i.e.: if I buy all the tables on Steam when released, will I have to purchase them all again to build a cabinet system? If not a complete new purchase, is it going to require an upgrade to the game at some additional cost, similar to the pro version upgrades now?

Thanks in advance!

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I would assume once you have bought them for steam you shouldn't have to do anything else. Virtual cabinets are just gaming pcs with a fancing housing and will run steam. If you are worried about the control scheme, it should be a simple matter to just map the flipper buttons, tilt bob, plunger, ect to controller mappings since I think most of those kits have HID drivers

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Actually I think they've hinted it may be separated...

Possibly the extra gadgets like remote dmd, backglass, and fancy plungers MAY be the difference.

I'm poor so I have to fake it and am curious the exact differences for myself but think the PC version should cover at least portrait mode (I hope) and basic controllers.

Last edited:

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
I would assume once you have bought them for steam you shouldn't have to do anything else. Virtual cabinets are just gaming pcs with a fancing housing and will run steam. If you are worried about the control scheme, it should be a simple matter to just map the flipper buttons, tilt bob, plunger, ect to controller mappings since I think most of those kits have HID drivers

Making assumptions is a dangerous thing, I'm kind of hoping to get an answer directly from FarSight.

For a true cabinet build, the program will require rotated main screen with very specific camera angles and rendering. It also would need multiple monitor support, with back-glass, DMD support (preferably both interfaces for real DMD displays and virtual video version) as well as support for various physical hardware inputs and outputs.

I've purchased absolutely everything possible as iOS versions, both to play and to show my support.
I'll do the same for versions that will be usable (even if not at first) for a cabinet built.

I'm merely trying to avoid dropping an extra $100 or so on a non-upgradable PC version. I'd rather put that toward the physical hardware for an eventual cabinet build.
If it's going to be the same version or a fture upgrade, it becomes a non-issue.

I would think that it is an easy question, but only FarSight can provide a definitive answer to it.

Dan Jaquint

Apr 19, 2013
I also don't want to buy 2 seasons of the Steam version coming out soon only to have to buy them again if there is a separate cabinet version... Farsight please answer or at least let us know about it when this coming version is released? Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts