Title: Bug: Tilt sensitivity is much lower than the 360/PS3 verison
OS Version: Windows 7
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5870
Ram: 8GB
Version #: 0.013
Display Mode: Full Screen
Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Frequency of Occurrence: 100%

Expected Result: Tilt Sensitivity should be the same as the other versions.
Actual Result: Tilt sensitivity is much lower than the 360/PS3 verison.

Comment: Take Gorgar for example: On the 360, if you quickly nudge twice, you will tilt. On PC, you can nudge several times in a row before it will tilt. It's true for other tables as well, but it really stands out on Gorgar since it's very easy to tilt on 360.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
On Genie, I just nudged once per second and it took 7 full-strength nudges before I tilted. That's 7 nudges in 7 seconds. That shouldn't even be close to possible. It almost feels like the tilt is turned off completely unless you are actually trying to tilt it.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
yeah on PS3 going from super sensitive GENIE to almost non-existing tilt HD there is a definitely variances from table to table. Are you using a controller?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
yeah on PS3 going from super sensitive GENIE to almost non-existing tilt HD there is a definitely variances from table to table. Are you using a controller?

Yep, 360 controller. The sensitivity is completely different than the console versions or the mobile versions.

Another example:

Mobile: Centaur takes 3 nudges in 3 seconds to tilt.
PC: Centaur takes 5 or 6 nudges to tilt.

Hopefully Mike is looking into it because it's definitely bugged.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Black Hole takes 9 full-strength nudges in 9 seconds to tilt (1 nudge per second).

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I'm currently in a broken state, so I can't test it. I looked over the nudge code and it's the same on PC vs other platforms. I'm wondering if there is a difference in the controller code, so that a full push on the stick is 1.0 on Xbox but maybe on PC it's something less, so it takes more nudges to get a tilt.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I know on PS3 there is a difference from a tiny nudge a hard nudge and almost slam tilting:p my usual tendency is a hard nudge from reacting quickly.
was that a crack at living in Cali Mike? :p Good One! :D

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I know on PS3 there is a difference from a tiny nudge a hard nudge and almost slam tilting:p my usual tendency is a hard nudge from reacting quickly.
was that a crack at living in Cali Mike? :p Good One! :D

Lol. My code base was broken. But CA is too so I guess I has two meanings.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Jeff, I'm using a wired 360 controller too. I don't think I've even seen a tilt warning!

I might go back and start slamming the table around! :)

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Follows nearly the exact code path (nothing in the difference modifies the input).

Centaur, Gorgar, and Black Hole are tilting with the same input for me on PC with an Xbox 360 controller and the iPad.

Hmm...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Follows nearly the exact code path (nothing in the difference modifies the input).

Centaur, Gorgar, and Black Hole are tilting with the same input for me on PC with an Xbox 360 controller and the iPad.

Hmm...

Yeah, that's really odd. I was using a 360 controller on PC as well, with wildly different results than the iPad. This could greatly affect the leaderboards. Hopefully you guys figure it out.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Yeah, that's really odd. I was using a 360 controller on PC as well, with wildly different results than the iPad. This could greatly affect the leaderboards. Hopefully you guys figure it out.

Just wondering if you calibrated the joystick. Control Pannel, Game Controllers, Properties, Settings tab, Calibrate?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just wondering if you calibrated the joystick. Control Pannel, Game Controllers, Properties, Settings tab, Calibrate?

No, I never have. I've played a tons of different racing games with it on PC over the years and never had an issue with it being non-calibrated. I'm currently in the process of moving so my PC is packed up and I won't be able to test it for about a week. Even if it is out of calibration, should it still be possible to do that many nudges without tilting?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
No, I never have. I've played a tons of different racing games with it on PC over the years and never had an issue with it being non-calibrated. I'm currently in the process of moving so my PC is packed up and I won't be able to test it for about a week. Even if it is out of calibration, should it still be possible to do that many nudges without tilting?

Normally a full push on the stick registers as 1.0. If your stick wasn't calibrated properly and it only went to say 0.5, then it would take multiple hits to get a tilt, cause each hit would be like pressing the stick halfway.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Normally a full push on the stick registers as 1.0. If your stick wasn't calibrated properly and it only went to say 0.5, then it would take multiple hits to get a tilt, cause each hit would be like pressing the stick halfway.

Perhaps this also applies to plunger control? I've found that the the plunger will pop out by almost 25%, with even the slightest touch on the thumbstick. There's no control over 0% - 25%.

But wouldn't that suggest it's too sensitive? Not the other way around, as the tilt problem suggests.

EDIT: I've just tested with the control panel, and the controller behaves perfectly there. ! Perhaps there's an issue with the deadzone settings? All of this might imply that it's too large.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.