What is Pin*Bot saying?

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Does anybody know what Pin*Bot is saying when you engage the mouth and eyes? "engage vocal ______"
Etc? Sometimes it sounds like circuits, sometimes I can't tell. Other times it sounds like he says "optical vision" I'm a bit deaf. I googled "bride of pinbot quotes" but the only one ever mentioned is "I can speak!". "oh no".

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Sometimes I hear circuits other times it sounds odd. Especially "engage optical _____"

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I think on locking first of the eyes it says "engage partial optical link"
second ball "I can see...how do I look" I can't remember off hand the others.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Thanks guys. The main one I can't figure out is "engage optical _______" sometimes it sounds like "vision" or "gidget" lol. I know "partial optical link" etc. but this one is driving me nuts.
The original Pin*Bot table had a similar thing. I think he said something like "partial linkup". For years my buddy thought he was saying "sketzo fretzo" hahah.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Thanks guys. The main one I can't figure out is "engage optical _______" sometimes it sounds like "vision" or "gidget" lol. I know "partial optical link" etc. but this one is driving me nuts.
The original Pin*Bot table had a similar thing. I think he said something like "partial linkup". For years my buddy thought he was saying "sketzo fretzo" hahah.

Do you play with headphones?

I was listening to the Circus Voltaire promo vid from Farsight the other day, and worked out for the first time what "Holy Smokes! The BOOM! marvel is yours" actually said. Thought it said "Holy Smokes! The BOOM doubles the scores".

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Yep, just played BoP with headphones in, and can confirm it is "Engage. Optical. Circuits". Nothing like emulation coupled with pre-DCS robot voices to make speech easy to understand, right ;)

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Thanks guys. Although it's not quite the same thing, it reminds me of the "McGurk" effect in that sometimes it sounds like "circuits" and other times it sounds like "vision" or "digits" LOL. I was pretty sure he wasn't talking about Sally Field when I thought I heard "Gidget". If you look up "McGurk effect" on youtube it's pretty amazing. I played a lot of loud guitar over the years so I think I get about half my info from lip-reading.
Anyway, I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer with your thoughts.

Logan812

Jul 9, 2012
Got to love those funky vocoders if we ever get Xenon she will put all of Brides sexyness to shame.

Never played it before, but after watching this review of Xenon, I see what you mean.

IDK, Bride of Pinbot says different things and EVERYTHING she says has an undertone. Pinbot is just cool though.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
It's a great table (Xenon) and I hope Pinball Arcade will have it one day, but the more I play Bride I think that this is the model Farsight should follow just because it plays great and camera angle #1 is perfect. Wish it was set up that way for the other tables and unlike some of the other tables I don't notice any lag what so ever with this one.

Andassaran

Sep 6, 2012
Attempting to figure out what Pin*Bot is saying isn't as bad as when you outlane Creature from the Black Lagoon... I know it's supposed to yell "FOCUS!" but sometimes I swear i hear it screaming "F**K IT!"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts