Thanks Farsight!!

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
I don't want to be a kiss-arse, but thank you Farsight.

This is the most realistic pinball game ever made. I know there are teething problems and bugs, and people (myself included) ***** and moan, but overall this is a quality product.

Pat yourselves on the back and give yourselves a biscuit, this is far better than VPM or FP, and I'll be buying every table for it even if they suck or Addams Family costs £10 because you can't get anything better elsewhere.

Now iron out some bugs!!! :)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I second that. These are amazing recreations, and the reason people are *****ing is because, when you're this close to perfection, every shortfall is magnified. As I said elsewhere in this forum, Farsight is second only to Silverball (the folks behind the legendary Pro Pinball), but as Bonehead [No Fear table] says, "second is just the first loser." I'm showing my support by buying every table they offer, even the crappy ones like Black Knight and Firepower.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I feel the same way. I'm noticing a bit of lag on PS3 that I'm hopeful can be addressed but the iOS version has run great on my iPad 2 from day one. As I've said before, I drop 20-40 bucks a week into the real tables. $1 - $3 per table is amazing imho. Runs like crap on my old single core phone but I'm hopeful the android update with optimizations will help. I'll be buying every table on PS3 and iOS for sure though.

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
Incidentally, after playing on PS3 last night, I switched over to Zen immediately after to compare lag/physics etc. No disrespect to Zen... I bought several of their tables but could never get into them for some reason. Zen had a bit less lag than TPA but still noticable. I hit my flipper and can physically see that onscreen the flipper is moving after my finger is not even on the button. Very subtle but it seems to be exactly the same amount of delay as PHoF/WC. I assume this is due to the wireless controller. I think it is on all my games but is just more pronounced with pinball due to the accuracy needed on your timing. Anyway, I have to say that Zen's physics seemed really heavy and dead immediately after playing TPA. Not realistic at all. I for one appreciate the level of realism FS has created here.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Always nice to see some Kudos where they are well deserved and I want to throw my thanks in the pot.
I got to experience the Bride of Pinbot and I'm a better person because of it.

With luck, I'm going to be the proud owner of an Attack from Mars, Starwars and South Park Table.

N

Nik Barbour

Thanks again Farsight!
Can't wait to see where this is going!

Thanks also to all 'The pinball arcade fans' what a great forum ran by great people with great members.
It's been a blast so far with hopefully a lot more to come.

It's great to see positive,constructive, helpful people.
Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Extrema22

Feb 25, 2012
This is the best thing to ever happen to my phone, I doubt anything will ever top it as far as mobile gaming goes for me, thanks :D

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I would like to express my appreciation to the entire staff at FarSight as well. You guys have done an amazing job so far with the limited resources you have. With the exception of my short hiatus (that I'm thankfully over now), I'm with you guys all the way and hope nothing but the best for The Pinball Arcade, now and in the future.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
No disrespect to Farsight, but until they release a cab version, Visual Pinball is the most realistic pinball game in my book. That's because I also count in the form factor. Once you build a cab (or something that resembles), put your hands on each side and start playing, there's no way back.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No disrespect to Farsight, but until they release a cab version, Visual Pinball is the most realistic pinball game in my book. That's because I also count in the form factor. Once you build a cab (or something that resembles), put your hands on each side and start playing, there's no way back.

This thread isn't meant to acknowledge that FarSight has the most realistic pinball sim, the focus is on thanking FarSight for all they've done up to this point with the limited resources they have to work with. Visual Pinball has been in development for over a decade and The Pinball Arcade just a little over a year.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I don't see how there's no going back...I mean by the same token, once you wrap your hands around an actual machine and play there's no going back. I play vp in a cab configuration and i have to say that TPA feels more real in a lot of cases than VP. I still love VP and all the authors, and can't wait to see the new Unity3d project come to fruition but to keep it on topic. We are expressing our gratitude to a company that takes our money and gives us something very worthwhile in return.

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Once you build a cab (or something that resembles), put your hands on each side and start playing, there's no way back.

Maybe, but for me at least, Visual Pinball is not in my future.

Yes, VP has the emulation going for it (thanks in large part to Steve Elleneoff, who is also working on FarSight's products) but that's really about it. The pre-rendered pseudo-3D looks ten years out of date, the interface is clunky and the quality of the available tables is very variable.

FarSight have already said they're working on cab support. So me, it's a no brainer; it's FarSight. Not only do you get accurate emulations, but a modern graphics and physics engine.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
Hey man, I'm not here to bash FS. I just disagree with the "most realistic pinball game" statement. In fact I may be one of their biggest fans and am also thankful for the tables they released. Also, I tried to help them by pointing out a bug in Funhouse PHOFWC that would destroy the whole gameplay once you figured that out. Hope they have corrected it in the new release. However, I can't help feeling a bit dissapointed, first because I live in Europe and still wait for the PS3 edition (I know, not their fault) and second because somehow I have bad feelings about the PC release. Yeah I agree that VP is a major pain to set up and tweak, and only a handful of tables are actually good enough to play (as I'm extremely picky) but right now this is what I'm playing.

Yes, thank you Farsight! But I hope you will now concentrate on the PC instead of proceeding with the handhelds.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This thread isn't meant to acknowledge that FarSight has the most realistic pinball sim, the focus is on thanking FarSight for all they've done up to this point with the limited resources they have to work with. Visual Pinball has been in development for over a decade and The Pinball Arcade just a little over a year.

Exactly. Let's please keep this on topic.

Lazymantech

Apr 7, 2012
Farsight has been one of my favorite developers for about 3 years now. Started with the Williams collection and now to The Pinball Arcade. Every table released will be purchased by me. Keep up the great work guys... Cheers!

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
@Dan, no problem. I wasn't having a go at you. Just saying that I've played VP too, but its limitations keep making me go back to Zen and FarSight.

@Mike, nice work on the new CV table.

Feature request: could you please add shadows (faked or otherwise) to the flippers? It would give them an extra depth; they look as though they're floating right now when in their upright position. Cheers.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I will definitely take some time to show my appreciation for what FarSight has done and for what they plan on doing. I can't easily get out to play the real deal as often as I used to. (my knees are getting bad) I am having a great time with this game! I look forward to every table that FarSight plans on releasing. I've said it before that great developers and great games deserve great support. Keep 'em coming FarSight!

Members online

Members online