Request 6 axis nudge control

6 Axis Nudge control is a ....

• BAD IDEA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Since the PS Vita has six axis control built in, I would like to be able to use it as an option to control nudging. How do you feel about that?

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've always wondered why the sixaxis on the PS3 is never utilized for nudging.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
Yep, me too, maybe there is some technical reason why, one thing I like about using the six axis of the PS Vita is it would feel right, you would be shaking the table (not just a game pad as with PS3) and that would work great for vertical mode!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I actually think that using the playstation move controllers would be way awesome to control nudging, just use the triggers for the flippers and actually stand there at "the table"

I think it would be among the best uses for the Move ever, might even convince me to buy a PS3

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
OH YES, I am with you with the move / PS3 controller movement nudge all the way ... I just think on the Vita, its extra special because it would feel like you are actually moving the pinball table because the table is in your hands. With the PS3, the equivalent would be nudging or slapping your monitor! hehe

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
OH YES, I am with you with the move / PS3 controller movement nudge all the way ... I just think on the Vita, its extra special because it would feel like you are actually moving the pinball table because the table is in your hands. With the PS3, the equivalent would be nudging or slapping your monitor! hehe

I would imagine that there is an option to set that as the iphone/ipad and i'm pretty sure some android devices allow for it.
Did you check the options?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
On the PS Vita, there is no option for six axis nudging ... In horizontal mode, you can use either the back screen or the analog stick. In portait mode, you can only use the back screen - no other options.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I don't know how the back screen works...i know that on the iPhone you can only nudge side to side and there's no option for upward (motion anyway) but in landscape there's no motion nudging whatsoever. I kinda think it's one area Farsight really plunged the ball in on mobile. I actually really like the analog stick nudging because of it's responsiveness.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
The back screen is horrible for nudging, especially in portrait mode ... how are you going to hold the Vita without nudging the table accidentally ... its just crazy

malamiteltd

May 21, 2012
The back screen is horrible for nudging, especially in portrait mode ... how are you going to hold the Vita without nudging the table accidentally ... its just crazy

Agreed on the back touch pad. It's been very undependable for me; attempts to use it rarely work, yet I sometimes make it shake by accident. I hate when playing Black Hole and the current ball is suddenly TILTed.

I'd thought a motion option was both obvious and instinctive as a tilt option. Maybe they're worried that playing during travel makes it prone to accidental shaking in that regard?

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I thought the same thing, but I don't think that should deter them, becasue it is an option, you can just take a different option if you are on a bumpy trip.

Members online

Members online