Bug Monster Bash Art Issues

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
this issues are not only in PC version but they are still here.

fjl7.jpg

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah must admit the models use for this table aren't the greatest and dont really look like their real life counter parts especially Egor!

Do you think there is a chance FS might redo the models?

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Do you think there is a chance FS might redo the models?
this (and bunch of other TPA tables with defects) is a chance for FS to prove what their words about their "mission for preserving pinball" and "careful recreation process with attention to details" is something more than simply marketing slogan. and it's definitly where time has come, because PC users have monitors with enough definition to see folded textures and other negligence in visual/art representation.

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
it honestly seems to me that even though in the kickstarter videos they will claim the opposite farsight has decided "recreating exact tables to their real life counter-part" doesn't matter so long as they can pump 2 out every month. Monster bash has the worst recreations of toys possible. They way they have been going about things they will probably never go back and fix cosmetic issues. I'm am sure if we didn't raise a fuss about the ape face head they would have stuck with that robot head for T2 as well.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
i'm agree with you Pete. I dont want to look quarrelsome, but if the quality level of representation in TPA tables will be at the same level AND if they will not fix already released pins, then there will appear much much more of "very dissatisfied" persons and future of TPA will be not so clear.
and as long as i dont ever dream what B.King or mr. Obernolte have time to look through this forums very often, i want to ask PinWiz or some other, who have way to connect with them: please, bring our concern about visual quality of table recreations. in my opinion it's may be even more important than our votes about wishes for future tables - because if we want to buy some of our favourite tables, we still dont want to take them in that kind of condition.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Especially with the PC, and next gen version coming out these inaccurate models will stand out even more

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Actually I currently don't buy any more TPA tables for android because of this growing quantity over quality feeling I get and I don't really want to support that with cash (in all fairness me not buying any more android tables is certainly also related to the upcoming PC release which is my preferred platform).
This is not to say that I don't like TPA, I am grateful that it exits and overall it is a good product but it would/could even be better if they paid the proper attention to detail if it's really about preserving the games.

Sometimes it's just so plain obvious they didn't even look closely - how else could you end up with wrong style (in terms of geometry) bumper caps on a table - even if you had already modeled the fitting caps for one of the past tables and should be able to just re-use that model? Maybe I'm a little too picky here (in case you wonder about my background: I'm the guy that created all the stock Future Pinball models and these are usually accurate to 1/10 of a millimeter when I had a real world part to work from) but these things just stand out to me and spoil my gaming experience because my mind keeps coming back to these shortcomings that need not be.
There are dirty playfield cleanup jobs resulting from lazy photo source cleanups that lots of people in the VP/FP community would have done a better job at cleaning up.

Please Farsight, if not now -preparing & polishing for the PC release- when else would you have a good (also sales related) reason to go back and fix those issues?
Please fix these imperfections and take these tables to the PC market as a polished product!
It's a new market with new customers that might experience TPA for the first time - make it a good and most accurate experience!

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
I agree with lio over 100% and i only can hope what FS will take real care about things he mentioned - i'm glad what one of important persons from pinsim scene share opinion of necessity tu omptove overall quality of TPA - especially visual part. i realy realy hope FS hear us and work on some improvements of that kind: it is only way to success and evolving of TPA. Quality first, new tables second.
It like with girls: my be she is very good-hearted, but it's still realy hard to love her if she has skew face.

Members online

Members online