Vote on this requested game to put this game up on GOG.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
There needs to be a better way for us to request The Pinball Arcade on GOG. Not everyone (including myself) is going to want to create an account on GOG just to vote.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I would also like someone from FarSight to let us know if GOG is a viable option for them before we all start putting effort into this.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
What is GOG? Never heard of it...

Looks like they only have old games listed...

goodoldgames.com They turned publisher recently. It's owned by the company that also made The Witcher 2. They recently started selling Legends of Grimlock and other indie games exlusively f.i.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I voted and commented. PinWiz, TPA or no TPA it's worth having an account just because they have some awesome games with no DRM, and preconfigured to run in DOSBox if necessary.

I would love it if they grabbed TPA.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I voted and commented. PinWiz, TPA or no TPA it's worth having an account just because they have some awesome games with no DRM, and preconfigured to run in DOSBox if necessary.

I would love it if they grabbed TPA.

I understand what you're saying, but some people won't take the time to register for sites they don't plan on using. By the way, GOG doesn't support DLC so I don't think this is a viable option for FarSight.

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
I understand what you're saying, but some people won't take the time to register for sites they don't plan on using. By the way, GOG doesn't support DLC so I don't think this is a viable option for FarSight.

There is a way for farsight to add DLC to PC version. Just create an account with Farsight and use it to purchase DLC through the Pinball Arcade game and download DLC from Farsight's server.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
There is a way for farsight to add DLC to PC version. Just create an account with Farsight and use it to purchase DLC through the Pinball Arcade game and download DLC from Farsight's server.

This could work, but FarSight is currently looking for a partner to take care of the hosting and distribution so they can focus on the game itself.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
GoG is one of the best digital distribution services around, next to Steam. They have recently expressed the desire to put recent games on the system, not only old games. GoG is an excellent service. Lots of classics they got up there that is bringing in new fans who have never played them!

IMO everyone should join up there. They're awesome.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I feel the same about GoG, they even give out freebies once in a while.

The same argument would have to be made about people wanting to sign up for steam if they haven't already, which involves signing up, installing the client, running the client whenever you want to play the game, whether in offline mode or not.

GoG was as easy to sign up with as this message board is.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I feel the same about GoG, they even give out freebies once in a while.

The same argument would have to be made about people wanting to sign up for steam if they haven't already, which involves signing up, installing the client, running the client whenever you want to play the game, whether in offline mode or not.

GoG was as easy to sign up with as this message board is.

My direct link to request The Pinball Arcade on Steam does not require you to create an account to put in your request.

I have a similar link that will allow everyone to request The Pinball Arcade on GOG without having to create an account, but I'll only make an official thread and post a link for it if FarSight requests our help in pursuing GOG.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Fair enough. I happen to have a Steam Account. I personally don't mind it much, however, I do think that needing to run the service might alienate a lot of the PC audience. I think this has really piqued the interest of Cab builders and if done right will probably be a big seller among them, my "cab" setup is just a laptop with a de-bezelled monitor laying over top of the keyboard with a USB keyboard plugged in, so running steam on it isn't a huge deal, however, for efficiency, a lot of cab setups are not even connected to the internet unless absolutely necessary (even the the files for VP cabs are usually downloaded on another machine and transferred over by USB). The reason for this is that these machines are only running essential services and typically lack any anti-virus, firewall or other security software. I'm pretty sure that many people that are holding out for this for the PC fall into this category. If i had TPA in a cab setting running as well as it does on the 360, I probably would not play on the 360 very often.

If this is set up correctly, with the quality of the software, it could develop a very very dedicated following. Check out the VP forums. There tends to be nearly religious following for both of the major pieces of software supported there. VP fans tend to be very stalwart, as well as FP fans and sometimes discussions between the two can turn into something much like 2 hockey fans discussing their favorite original 6 team. If Farsight missteps, they could shoot themselves in the foot. Now for me, Farsight can do nearly no wrong, however, if I had a dedicated cab...chances are that I would NOT want to have to connect my pincab to the net and run Steam, or even have Steam running as an unnecessary service on it in offline mode.

Personally, I really want to see Farsight succeed in this endeavour and be able to support it for many years to come....release sequels for the upcoming systems, and have a strong PC following. On the PC, they have a very unique opportunity to cater to newcomers to pinball and also knock the socks off of veteran virtual AND real pinballers. I understand that the DLC distribution model poses some challenges in this instance.

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
Voted!

If Steam won't have TPA (damn shame..they did/do sell a pinball game on Steam that came out years ago) then GOG is the next best choice.

Also for those new to GOG (or those who ened a reason to create an account) they do sell the classic Pro Pinball series for the PC. If you've never played them before they're stil the best pinball simulations around bar none. They're not based on real world tables but that should NOT deter anyone.

BlindSpider11

Jun 26, 2012
I just put in a bogus email and stuff and boom, +1 vote! Its super quick to do.
There needs to be a better way for us to request The Pinball Arcade on GOG. Not everyone (including myself) is going to want to create an account on GOG just to vote.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I just put in a bogus email and stuff and boom, +1 vote! Its super quick to do.

Since FarSight is not pursuing GOG at the moment, there is no need to exert any effort into this. Again, if FarSight requests our help in pursuing GOG, I will create an official thread with a link that will allow you to request The Pinball Arcade on GOG without needing to create an account.

F

Franky

...NOT want to have to connect my pincab to the net and run Steam, or even have Steam running as an unnecessary service on it in offline mode.

If farsight really have plans to bring a cabinet version than this is a VERY important point to consider. GoG is the best solution out there and it's getting better and better whilst steam always has been a pain in ........... If you buy a game and need to run a further application, then there is always something wrong.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
GOG is very proud of the fact that they don't use DRM. Would this be a problem for FarSight?

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
who is farsite looking into for pc distribution.
the whole lack of information on the pc version is really starting to piss me off.

i mean wtf. im getting sick of spwnding money on a substandard android version that i can hardly see on my cell phone. let alone the sub par gfx on my android tablet when compared to the ipad3.

CmputrBlu

Jun 30, 2012
If farsight really have plans to bring a cabinet version than this is a VERY important point to consider. GoG is the best solution out there and it's getting better and better whilst steam always has been a pain in ........... If you buy a game and need to run a further application, then there is always something wrong.

There's no reason why it's can't be available on both GOG and Steam. There's more than one game (both old and new that are). I understand the benefits of GOG in the case you mention; but I also like the convenience of Steam in terms of updating, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts