DLC Schedule For The Next Six Months

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Here's what I think the DLC schedule for the next six months will look like with the first already confirmed by FarSight:

May/June : Cirqus Voltaire/Funhouse

June/July : Monster Bash/Gorgar

July/Aug : Harley Davidson (3rd Edition)/Taxi

Aug/Sept : Attack from Mars/Space Shuttle

Sept/Oct : Dr. Dude/Pin•Bot

Oct/Nov : Creature from the Black Lagoon/Black Knight

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Out of curiosity, will the 360 be getting the Table of the Month treatment? I mean a free table for the month?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Out of curiosity, will the 360 be getting the Table of the Month treatment? I mean a free table for the month?

FarSight stated there is no way for them to do a table of the month for consoles because of pricing restrictions from Microsoft and Sony.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Oh well,

Not like I'll be long without buying the tables. I've already go the points for the next ones.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Oh well,

Not like I'll be long without buying the tables. I've already go the points for the next ones.

I believe FarSight is trying to even things out by having the packs priced the same on both platforms and devices even though the platform versions are somewhat superior to the device versions.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Why does Harley Davidson keep getting mentioned when its not even in the confirmed table list?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Why does Harley Davidson keep getting mentioned when its not even in the confirmed table list?

This table is definitely coming, but FarSight was wanting to keep it (as well as others) a surprise. Since they have yet to mention it anywhere online, we refrain from listing the table in the "Confirmed Tables" and "News" threads.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The table was? or the TPA version? Why keep it out of the confirmed list? Are we just making an asumption that its coming out?

The "making of" video showed them working on 3D models of the motorcycles that go on top of the slingshots. FarSight has yet to announce this tables because of what I stated above. I've stated before that I try my best to post information that I believe to be at least 95% true in threads/posts and 99% accurate for my News thread. I don't think starting rumors helps anyone in the long run.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The table was? or the TPA version? Why keep it out of the confirmed list? Are we just making an asumption that its coming out?

You can see 3D models from the TPA version at 8:48....and the real machine at 14:22

Last edited:

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
I'd be happy with that list, too. Except for ditching Harley/Taxi.

I'm still not sure why they're doing Harley at all. It's not exactly a beloved table.

And I sorta had my share of Taxi in PHOF. (Would prefer dozens of other tables before playing it again.)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'd be happy with that list, too. Except for ditching Harley/Taxi.

I'm still not sure why they're doing Harley at all. It's not exactly a beloved table.

And I sorta had my share of Taxi in PHOF. (Would prefer dozens of other tables before playing it again.)

My guess would be FarSight wanting to throw in another Stern table or two for this year with licenses that would be the easiest (and possibly cheapest) to aquire like Ripley's.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Cool, you know I've watched that video before and seeing the motorcycle 3d model I always thought it was just an explanation of how texture maps are added to wireframe models in 3d software packages, my dull brain never thought it was one of THEIR models!!.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Look for heavier and more expensive licensed tables to begin showing up next year. Remember, FarSight is just getting started and have a long ways to go.

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
My guess would be FarSight wanting to throw in another Stern table or two for this year with licenses that would be the easiest (and possibly cheapest) to aquire like Ripley's.

You hit interesting topic here. I wonder if we ever see any table that has external licences involved apart from Harley Davidson. I would love to see The Flinstones or Terminator 2 but looking at all the tables they have released so far (including both PHOF) I believe the chances are very limited due to increased cost of acquiring them.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
You hit interesting topic here. I wonder if we ever see any table that has external licences involved apart from Harley Davidson. I would love to see The Flinstones or Terminator 2 but looking at all the tables they have released so far (including both PHOF) I believe the chances are very limited due to increased cost of acquiring them.

The chances are not as limited as you might think, but FarSight has to create some revenue first before they can pursue heavier and more expensive licenses.

I can also confirm that FarSight has Stern's Harley Davidson (3rd Edition) on site and I've update the first post to reflect this information.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012

I hope you are wrong, I believe to expand sales to people other than current pinball fans they need licence/movie tables. Unfortunate as it is I think zen is about to gain more distance over TPA with the upcoming avengers tables, if FS had 1 big modern movie table release it could go a long way to boosting sales.

dyleck

Feb 28, 2012
I hope you are wrong, I believe to expand sales to people other than current pinball fans they need licence/movie tables. Unfortunate as it is I think zen is about to gain more distance over TPA with the upcoming avengers tables, if FS had 1 big modern movie table release it could go a long way to boosting sales.

I hope I am wrong as well. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

...or put them in a hole that they may have trouble digging themselves out of. Trying to release a modern big movie licensed table is very high risk and very costly for FarSight this early in The Pinball Arcade's existence. I think they'll be fine this first year with the DLC they have lined up. Plus Twilight Z...whoops. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.