[Kickstarter] Remake of 3D Pinball Space Cadet.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I'm skeptical. Josef doesn't seem to be aware of the superior version in Full Tilt Pinball for Windows that is just called "Space Cadet". I'm a bit weary of supporting a fan project like this via kickstarter, as well.

CrazyCoder

Apr 26, 2012
There is also Space Cadet table already available for Future Pinball. I doubt his version would by much better.
IMO, it's better to sponsor the french guy who is making a new game based on Unity 3D engine that can import Future Pinball tables and also supports pinmame.

Last edited:

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
I'm skeptical. Josef doesn't seem to be aware of the superior version in Full Tilt Pinball for Windows that is just called "Space Cadet". I'm a bit weary of supporting a fan project like this via kickstarter, as well.

can you provide link?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It was never really that great of a table to begin with. Seems like you could make something much better for 45k.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
ummm maybe you didn't read the description he said that it would be different design due to copyright reason and anyway I just got email back from him and he said the game will be fully 3D like Zen Pinball. So maybe that's why it would cost $45 thousand dollars. unfortunately at this rate Its not looking likely it will get funded.

I read the description. I'm skeptical about funding remakes of games that aren't from the original developers, especially ones that are "inspired by" the original.

can you provide link?

The link is in another post, but you could have saved time by looking it up on google, wikipedia, mobygames, or gamefaqs. I'm willing to provide links, but I don't make stuff up.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'd rather all of us give the $45,000 to FarSight to help them aquire licenses.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I'd rather he make a brand new pinball table, and not something that some other company already made. Besides, Space Cadet is not 'awesome.' Sorry. Yes, that money should be sent to Farsight instead.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
There is also Space Cadet table already available for Future Pinball. I doubt his version would by much better.
IMO, it's better to sponsor the french guy who is making a new game based on Unity 3D engine that can import Future Pinball tables and also supports pinmame.

The funds have been aquired and Louizou has declined to take any other donations. Now it's just a matter of time

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
oops, must have missed it. Thanks.
The Badcats video on youtube looks cool, and it's great that it seems to use the real rom, however, those physics look really wonky. A real pinball would never cradle to a rest/stop on the flippers that easily, especially when it's rolling down from the side lane with momentum.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Great VPForum's thread - 20+ pages though !
Great to see the change from skepticism to welcome - and now they've raised $1500 AND made him a Gold Supporter on VPF - Nice :) I don't understand all the prog stuff entirely-but will be keen to see what evolves for sure!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts